63⇢first whirlwind

If Jaebum could sleep forever, he would. He would chose to get stuck in a single dream of making love to Jinyoung and he won't even consider waking up. But it isn't a dream anymore and he looks at Jinyoung occasionally from the couch as Jinyoung shuffles around the farmhouse, eyes barely open, walking funny.

He was doing something but Jaebum was too lost in the post coital haze and sleep to actually pay attention. His body ached all over, the soreness sweet and saturating and Jaebum liked every bit of it. When his stomach growled, demanding food, he realized it's high time he should wake up. 

Jinyoung helps him with that as well.

"I was drunk that day Jaebum-ah. I though you came to pick me up and I was expecting a possible reconciliation."

Jinyoung didn't really have to confess it out loud because Jaebum had figured it out by himself. People do silly things, silly enough to damage their entire life when they are drunk. Jinyoung is sitting on the floor this time, eating his cup of ramen topped with a slice of cheese which has been untouched ever since Jaebum brought it from the convenience store. 

But once upon a time, Jaebum was blinded by rage at Jinyoung's betrayal. Listening to Jinyoung's side of the story didn't feel important enough for him and he chose to believe what he saw. As a result they both had to pay.

"Jinyoungie, I won't call this forcing my decision on you but I'll prefer if you stay away from alcohol next time. We both know the two times you got drunk, things didn't go well," Jaebum is still on the couch, lying on his stomach as he watches Jinyoung eat with content.

Jinyoung doesn't say anything. He simply nods.

Jaebum finally ditches the uncomfortable couch which has surprisingly started to feel a bit more cozier than the time they first arrived at the farmhouse. The reason of the couch being welcoming all of a sudden is out in the open. Jinyoung has sworn not to act childish and has promised to take decisions according to his age. Jaebum in return made his promise of never letting go off his faith from Jinyoung.

Everything seems perfect, too perfect. And there are times when Jaebum thinks about it, maybe a bit too much. When will they ever return? They can't stay in the farmhouse forever. Jaebum decided to leave it on the fate. 

The hell with people and their judgement and decisions. I am happy with Jinyoung as we are, he thinks and smiles to himself.

It feels like a lifetime of being together as the days pass by languidly. They are almost back to normal as Jaebum believes and he has been thanking god that they haven't been discovered yet. But it would be unfair for him to say that he wasn't worried about the situation back home.

The mornings are generic now as well as the afternoons and nights. But everything falls back into a newly reformed routine as Jinyoung wakes him up by peppering the back of his neck with sweet kisses. They eat, they read the books Jaebum had picked up from the stores in town, they laugh and wrestle each other for fun. The noon is oddly domestic. When the heat of the sun is too much, they stay indoors rather than going out for a swim. Jinyoung spoons Jaebum and makes it clear that it is his new favorite way of sleeping these days. The tickle of his breath on the nape of Jaebum's neck lulls him into deep sleep. The nights are either full of lust or laughter. Sometimes Jinyoung composes poetic stanzas and recites them to Jaebum who listens with interest. Sometimes they have sex with each time getting easier and better. Their bodies adjust to each other in time and depending on mood and circumstances, either Jinyoung gets down on his knees or Jaebum does.

They fight.

Rather than holding doubt and conflicted emotions inside their head and heart, they vent it out. Turns out, that expressing your emotions is way better than venting it. There are moments when Jaebum doesn't like something which Jinyoung does or says and vice versa. They shout at each other, quarrel and sometimes shove each other. But upon the settlement of dispute, they always end up kissing and embracing each other with understanding.

Jaebum and Jinyoung argue over food one day while Jaebum drives back from town with Jinyoung is settled in the seat by his side. One thing leads to another and Jinyoung calls Jaebum fucking stupid. Jaebum slams the break and almost kicks open Jinyoung's side of door.

"Get out. I said get out of my truck," Jaebum yells, nostrils flaring with anger.

Jinyoung presses his lips into a thin line, jumps out of the truck in the middle of a dusty road and slams the door as he walks away in the opposite direction.

"Fine. I'll rather walk than sit inside and listen to your bullshit. Get out of my sight," Jinyoung bites back before watching Jaebum grumble something under his breath and drive away.

Jinyoung walks, kicking random gravels on the path and spitting a litany of curses. But when he picks his gaze up from the dirt he watches the Dodge truck standing still at a distance, one side of the door open. Jinyoung knows what it means. He runs for it.

The truck is parked in the middle of the road but thankfully they are the only vehicle treading on this past for the past few weeks. Jinyoung rides him hard and fast, panting into his mouth, bruising his own lips as Jaebum bites down onto them harder than necessary. The orgasm hits Jinyoung like a freight train and even though he wants to arch his back further, there is a goddamn steering wheel biting into his back. Jaebum's nose is buried in the center of Jinyoung's sweat soaked chest and he definitely needs to so some laundry when they get back to the farmhouse.

At night, they lie into each other's arms, listening to the old rusty generator struggle on its own. 

Jaebum kisses Jinyoung's forehead which lies atop his wide expanse of chest. They talk about something practical which is related to the life they sort of left behind.

"You didn't manage to find my diary did you?" Jinyoung asks, drawing shapes with his pointer on Jaebum's chest.

"No. I am sorry."

"Where did you last see it anyway? On your study table?" Jinyoung picks his head up a bit to kiss Jaebum on his chin.

"I don't think so. I always kept it in the glove compartment of the truck after I finished reading. Had I kept it at home, ajumma might have discovered it while cleaning but atleast I guess it would have been safe then," Jaebum expresses his fault in decision making.

"Don't beat yourself over it Jaebum-ah. Forget it. What's done is done. I don't want to think about my past anymore," Jinyoung says and tries to hide his face in the crook of Jaebum's neck.

But Jaebum feels like its not done yet. He can't let this go easily. The disappearance of a diary had made them suffer a lot as chain reactions from hell ensued. Jaebum doesn't declare his intentions but he aims to find that diary and it's thief at any cost. Problem is, he doesn't know where to start from. Maybe he should narrow down a list of suspects and then work on it somehow.

He can't help but put Namjoon on top of his list. Nobody hates him more than Namjoon does so it was pretty simple to suspect him. He might have kept an eye on Jinyoung's meetings with Jaebum and had decided to fuck it all up by stealing the diary. It could be Mark as well. Though Mark didn't have a reason to steal the diary, Jaebum couldn't trust anyone other than Jinyoung at that point.

As if the world was out there to attack them without mercy.

They drifted off to sleep that night, awaiting another unpredictable morning.