45⇢first rift

His room is in a mess but still in a better condition than his heart

Jinyoung storms back to his home, tear clouding his eyesight and running out of breath. He could hear the muted noise of gunshots and bombs coming from Jimin's bedroom which indicated that he was indulging in video games with Taehyung all over again. But that was least of his worries.

The moment he steps into his room, he flips the first thing in his range of sight. A chair. Then he proceeded to upturn his mattress as well as his study table. Jinyoung shouts and screams in his own company as he forcibly pulls down the curtains from its hooks and kicks off his laptop from the desk.

It's was all pure, unadulterated rage boiling out of him. The agony caused by words Jaebum couldn't keep.

The only thing that his mind kept going back to is what Jaebum did with his trust and how badly he crushed it underneath his feet. An act of carelessness coming from a guy who was always one step ahead than everyone on earth to brace himself for an apocalypse, stunned Jinyoung beyond disbelief. Jinyoung sank to the floor, buried his head between his knees and cried like never before. His most prized possession, even greater than his Ducati which was already gone, was lost. All because of Jaebum's inability to safeguard it. And his boyfriend has given him his word to protect it with his life.

"Why? Jaebum-ah, I trusted you. Why did you do this to me?" 

Jinyoung feels the waves of pain hammering at his ribs as he tastes the flavor of what he considers acute betrayal from the boy he loves with his whole existence.

His phone buzzes and Jinyoung doesn't have to pick it up to see who it is. Jinyoung retrieves his phone from underneath his misplaced bed and opens the first voice mail nonetheless. Jaebum says that he has failed to find his diary in his home as well and that's exactly the kind of news Jinyoung doesn't want to hear any more. Of course, it's not at his home. How could it be at his home when he has lost it for real and the worst thing is, that it could be in the possession of anyone, let it be some random people or someone they mutually know.

Jinyoung tosses his phone away once again, without caring if it's broken or not. But the times Jaebum keeps calling him on loop, he bets his phone is still intact.

He takes a shower, tries to sleep with some difficulty but fails. Even his father's sleeping pills are useless and he considers ingesting the whole bottle just to escape this discomfort inside his chest. The walls of his room seem to close in on him and he pictures the ceiling falling on his face to mark his death. For once in his life, he is not eager to see Jaebum's face or hear his voice. Jinyoung knows he might do something which he is gonna regret if he encounters Jaebum right then and there.

However, Jaebum shows up outside his home the next day and honks the horn, much to the dismay of their posh neighbors. Jinyoung watches from the safety of his room, through the one-way glass window which allows him to see how Jaebum gets down from his truck, dark hairs swept back in his head as he hesitates to talk to the security guard and inquire for Jinyoung. But deep down, Jinyoung knows that Jaebum can feel him peeking through the window because he watches Jaebum looking at his direction with a pained stare.