64⇢first reality

"I think we need to fix this stupid generator Jinyoungie," Jaebum throws his hands up in defeat when he fails to make the rusty old machine work as the evening follows up

He has a fair share of experience when it comes to mechanical tinkering but without the right tools at disposal it isn't possible. Jinyoung can see the problem as well and he sighs, without being much of a help.

"We could buy a generator if I had money but I am going to take this as a sign and accept our fate," Jinyoung says, leaning against a mite eaten wooden pole which supported the shed.

"A sign?" Jaebum questions, looking at his boyfriend in confusion.

"A sign to move on. When something stops working we either fix it or leave it. Looks like there is no point of wasting money on this piece of crap so we better get moving."

"Where can we go Jinyoungie? We don't have anywhere else to go, except..."

"No! We will figure something out, just like always," Jinyoung declares his intensions of never returning to his home firmly and departs from the scene.

He has his loose trousers rolled upto his knees just like Jaebum's, their ankles submerged into the water that has clogged around the farmhouse after a long stretch of rainfall. Walking away towards the farmhouse, Jinyoung opens all the widows that were fastened shut for days. The musty stench inside the place has started to bother Jinyoung who complained that it reminded of the time he was lying half dead in his room. Jaebum couldn't agree any less. So Jaebum drops the idea of fixing the generator and returns to their shelter.

From the looks of the overcast sky, it signals the incoming rain. Jaebum flops down on the couch because it is too cold for him to sleep on the floor and Jinyoung just won't let him do that. The old Jinyoung or atleast the fragments of him have returned. Their bodies are mostly in the close vicinity of each other throughout the days and nights. They've lost track of time and they don't know how long they've been staying in the farmhouse. Everything feels too perfect even though there is a scarcity of luxury, including enough food and comfortable bed but it doesn't bother Jaebum or Jinyoung. They are simply happy to be together. A few days ago, Jinyoung had paid attention to their biggest practical problem. Their stash of money was running out and with only a thin bundle of it left for them to buy either gas or food, Jaebum has started to coax Jinyoung into changing his mind. No doubt Jinyoung's father has started to comb the lengths and breadths of South Korea to find his missing son by now and he probably knows of Jaebum's involvement in this whole mess, they were inching closer to another crisis.

They sleep that night without eating, saving the last two cups of ramen for the next day, listening to the rain battering down the old walls of the farmhouse. Jaebum doubts if the house is going to crumble atop them or not.

Jinyoung drools lying on top of his chest, breathing through his mouth but Jaebum doesn't dare to wake him up. Watching Jinyoung sleep peacefully was kind of therapeutic for him. He strokes lightly through Jinyoung's hair and eventually falls asleep.

-

-

-

Another sunny day in the paradise, Jaebum finds out that his truck has suffered some damage after standing out in the rain day after day. Not only the paint has worn out but the battery must have been damaged to some extent as well because it takes him several tries to start the engine.

Jinyoung stands outside the truck, watching him twist the key in frustration. They've been having a good time that day with Jaebum giving in to Jinyoung's whining as they considered buying a disposable camera instead of food. They ran around the farmhouse, along the small stream, free like birds in the sky, laughing and screaming in delight. They took turns to click each other's pictures and as Jaebum tackled Jinyoung to the ground repeatedly while tickling him, Jinyoung realized it again and again that Jaebum is the reason why he breaths.

But as Jinyoung watches Jaebum cursing in vain at his prized possession, he feels bad for buying the camera instead of food or taking the truck to the service station.

"Jaebum-ah, let's go take a bath. You can try starting the truck later," Jinyoung suggests, pulling the driver's side of door open so Jaebum can step out.

Jaebum looks at him weird, like something of a cross between annoyance and pity.

"We are so screwed if this truck doesn't start again Jinyoungie and I mean it. It's gonna be a lot of trouble and you just don't understand."

"I understand," Jinyoung murmurs.

"No, you don't. Buying the camera was fun and all but we need the truck in working order if we plan to keep on running according to your resolve."

Jinyoung doesn't say anything. He silently climbs into the truck and settles over Jaebum's lap. The next thing he does is something which has toned down Jaebum's temper since forever.

Jinyoung kisses along the side of his neck, making a trail towards his lips. Dipping down his tongue into Jaebum's mouth to taste the sweetness he was addicted to, he waits until Jaebum responds. When his love is reciprocated, Jinyoung kisses him harder until Jaebum holds his chin lightly and separates their mouths. A cold sigh falls from Jaebum's lips as he looks down at Jinyoung's chest and touches the exposed skin with his fingers.

"Think about it Jinyoungie, don't act on impulses anymore. I beg you to reconsider your decision of not going back. I love you and you know that and no matter what happens I am not leaving you. But you have to get out of this fantasy and face the music. Once the money runs out what are we going to do? It's not like people offer jobs without some identification proof plus there is a chance we are sensational news throughout Korea by now. And that woman at the convenience store eyed me suspiciously as well so I had to get out quick. We can't keep running forever Jinyoungie, we have to go back and we have things to take care of."

Jinyoung sits in position, hands thrown over Jaebum's shoulder and eyes locked with him as Jaebum delivers his sensible monologue.

"I don't want to go back, ever," Jinyoung's mumbling is barely audible.

Jaebum cups his face and places a lingering kiss on his mouth.

"We have to Jinyoungie. Trust me, this is not the life you want and at one point, you will get over it and then it might be too late to go back. You don't have to return to the world for your family or anybody else but let's go back for us. Remember all the promises we made to each other? Don't you want that future with me? Is this the what you wanted? Dwelling in the middle of nowhere, hiding from the world, too afraid of criticism? The Park Jinyoung I know and fell in love with wasn't afraid of the world and that Park Jinyoung has scores to settle. Tell me Jinyoungie, will you be strong enough for our sake once again, will you stand by my side and fight with me?"

They sit like that for a while, forehead on forehead and breathing out deep and long.

"So what do you have in mind?" Jinyoung asks, not picking up his gaze.

Jaebum finally feels the rush of relief upon realizing that Jinyoung is finally listening to his pep talk.

"We need to call your brother but first...", Jaebum grabs the back of Jinyoung's neck and their lips crash with all tongue and teeth. Jaebum separates right about enough to finish his sentence.

"But first, I want to see my Jinyoungie happy and for that we need to get back inside the house."

That brings back the coquettish charm back to Jinyoung's face as he smiles and kisses him back enthusiastically. Jaebum gets out of the truck, carrying Jinyoung with him as they kiss their way back to the farmhouse.

-