26⇢first mishap

When the whole class is biting their nails off with nervousness, anticipation bubbling within hushed conversations, Jinyoung is relatively relaxed. He has studied hard, just like Jaebum wanted him to do and he expected favorable results in this semester.

Engaging himself in a lively conversation with Mark, Jooheon, and Kihyun, he sees them for who they truly are. Kihyun, who was always on the blacklisted pages of Jinyoung's diary becomes the most harmless creature he has ever seen. Kihyun is a boy who takes time to process any information thrown at him, maintaining a poker face to shadow his muddled state of mind. And the tall and adorable Jooheon was not exactly from the breed of playboys either. He would talk about girls often but he couldn't approach them with confidence. Mark turned out the be a different person altogether. All the while, he was the observant one, not Kihyun. He used to fill Jinyoung's plot holes without being obvious, not Kihyun. And then Jinyoung felt like he actually has friends worthy of keeping. However, their significant conference in the boy's restroom remained under the security of Mark.

Their class teacher Miss. Lee arrives, reports get distributed and Jinyoung wants to jump atop his desk and jive. He has scored 70% and a grade that will pave his way to the first kiss he was promised.

"Im Jaebum."

Miss. Lee calls out but it's one of his work days and hence, Jaebum doesn't show up to collect his report. His enviable score of 93% is disclosed anyway and none of the students are surprised. It's expected of the residential genius. Mark lets out a long exhale and sinks into his seat and achieving a respectable score brings back his familiar grin.

"I am going to frame this up and hang it on my wall," Mark hoists up his report proudly like the flag of his mother nation.

"Yeah you do that," Jinyoung gets up from his seat to playfully slap Mark on his back.

"And I am going to sleep like a dead body," Jooheon perches on his desk and pulls Kihyun from his chair too, throwing an arm over his shoulder. "I am going to sleep for a week and if anybody dares to wake me up, that will be a colossal mistake."

"Yeah, me too," Kihyun says, a pitiful weariness marring his face.

Mark and Jinyoung laugh heartily, past the pressure of exam, results, and misunderstandings.

"Pizza for all. I am treating."

The trio is overjoyed at Jinyoung's announcement. After sending Jimin and Taehyung back home in the sedan, making sure that he doesn't blabber in front of their dad, Jinyoung and his friends set off to a pizza parlor. Briefly fighting over the last slice of pizza, they play a childish game of rock paper scissors and Mark ends up winning.

Holding the pizza close to his mouth with Jooheon swearing revenge on him while trying to control his drool, Mark quotes his heart out.

"Pizza is life."