22⇢first slumber

At the crack of dawn, Jaebum stirs out of his sleep. He isn't fully awake, keeps shifting back and forth between a beautiful dream and the reality enclosed inside the confinement of his room. There is a weight resting on top of him but it's not uncomfortable. He parts open one eye to find a head full of messy dark brown hair resting over his collarbone, a gratifying and steady breath curling into the crook of his neck.

He finds Jinyoung, he finds him where he wanted him for so long, nestled in his arms.

The blood has dried on both their faces and Jaebum feels like he should get up, get themselves cleaned before school starts. But they still have around four hours and he isn't ready to shake a sleeping Jinyoung off him. He is rendered incapable of pushing Jinyoung away after last night. 

They fought, they cried, they confessed. They accepted each other like they truly are. Jaebum has a smile on his face, a fleeting smile. For once he is not blaming his fate for all the misfortunes that fall upon him on a regular basis. Park Jinyoung is a blessing in his life and he just knows it from the way a blanket of solace is draped over him.

"Jinyoungie?" he whispers, forcing his common sense to activate. 

He doesn't want to wake Jinyoung up but he has to. This boy has spent the whole night lying on top of him, equally exhausted and streaked with Jaebum's blood and sweat. Plus, they had to attend classes, at least Jaebum had to by any means.

Jinyoung twists a bit but doesn't wake up right away. He hums something and goes back to sleep. Jaebum strokes through his hair and calls him again.

"Wake up, you have to wake up."

Jinyoung grumbles and slowly raises himself up on his forearms, lower half of his body still attached to Jaebum's. He looks decadent with droopy eyes, puffy face and bed hair. Jaebum wants to kiss him but deliberates if he is going to enjoy a kiss with the taste of sleep in their mouths. So he goes back to finger-comb his hair once again.

The first thing Jinyoung does after waking up is touching the bridge of Jaebum's nose. He looks culpable, his eyes narrowing to focus on the bluish swelling.

"Oh my god. What did I do? Fuck."

He tries to peel himself away from Jaebum's face which he has perfectly remodeled last night but Jaebum restricts his movement. His hands snake around Jinyoung's lower back as he pulls him in his previous position.

"It will heal, just like your wound. Don't worry?" Jaebum is still sporting that smile and Jinyoung basically wants to punch himself for doing that to the boy he loves, in a fit of rage.

Jinyoung lets the boy pull his head back so that he can rest it against the width of his chest, listening to the pleasant thump of his heartbeat. He feels stiff all over after sleeping like a dead body for the whole night. He knows Jaebum might be feeling worse, all because of him.