46⇢first drink

"Hello everyone, my name is Youngjae."

Jinyoung, with a half-empty bottle of beer in his hand, watches Mark's school buddy terribly falter under the influence of alcohol. Mark has a regretful look plastered on his place as he tries to avoid eye contact with Jinyoung.

The club is packed but Jinyoung didn't expect anything less on a Saturday night. Mark's friend Youngjae is a good three to four years younger than them which makes him dangerously underaged to be out drinking in a club. He appears in a checkered t-shirt with buttons fastened up to his neck and Jinyoung wonders if the kid can breathe properly or not. Youngjae's hair is neatly combed and he fits in the profile of an aristocratic offspring more than Jinyoung does. Mark throws a hand over his shoulders and three of them slip into the club with their oh so valid fake id cards.

At first the bouncer shots a borderline murderous look at Youngjae but Mark is a smooth talker. His words are measured and convincing and hence the bouncer allows the three of them to slip in without much of a hassle. The moment Jinyoung steps in the club, he realizes something odd or more like even by a different definition. There are men and women but they are all huddled with their partners rather provocatively. Jinyoung's eyes are wide when he diverts his attention towards the dance floor and along with the pure child in their company, he has to shield his eyes momentarily to avoid gawking at the scenario. Scantily clad bodies, sweaty and pulsating, gyrating in tantalizing motions makes him dizzy. He has half the mind to ditch Mark and Youngjae to run back home and once again, he regrets saying yes to socializing.

In elegant terms, it is an independent bar supporting equality and by simplified explanation, it's a gay bar. 

As they cut through the passageway narrowed by exhibitionist people making out on either side, Jinyoung is surprised to see how much attention Youngjae got compared to him and Mark. The whole pretty pristine boy look seemed to appeal a lot of suitors as they keep approaching Youngjae for a dance or a drink. Some were even bold enough to straight up offer him the romp of a lifetime to which Youngjae turns beet red and politely declines. Jinyoung asks Mark if Youngjae was just there to have his first sexual awakening or what? Mark throws a nervous giggle and claims that he doesn't know about Youngjae's sexuality but he doesn't really seem gay. He also discloses to Jinyoung about how he hides Playboy magazines in between a stack of books from his uptight parents. Jinyoung can't seem to relate to Youngjae except for the whole uptight parent issue. 

And it barely takes the smiley kid two shots of tequila to lose his shit and start blabbering every time he bumps into a stranger.

"Hello everyone, my name is Youngjae."

He slurs once again and Mark grabs onto his elbows to steady him. 

"Was it really necessary to bring this infant to drink?" Jinyoung questions, gripping at his bottle hard. His head was already pounding and the blaring electro-pop music streaming out of the club wasn't much help. On top of that, Mark was more invested in taking care of his friend rather than having some chatty little time with Jinyoung.