75⇢ first investigation

His first morning in Jaebum's bed isn't anything new except he is a new person altogether. Stripped off his identity as a Park, Jinyoung has been broken out of his shackles. He twists a bit to free his left arm which is under Jaebum's entire weight and due to the cutting off of blood circulation Jinyoung can't feel his limb. But he finds his other arm thrown over Jaebum's chest and recalls how it was his own idea to sleep in that way, hugging Jaebum like a side pillow.

Jinyoung checks out the time on the wall clock. It is around 8am. As he silently and carefully slides out of the bed to take a bath and brush, he revises all the important discussions he had with Jaebum the night before.

Jinyoung wanted to help. He didn't want to be a burden for ajumma or Jaebum. But having no prior experience of any kind regarding jobs other than the one that has been destined for him by his father, Jinyoung couldn't figure out what he could possibly do to earn something.

"You are not ordinary Jinyoungie. Remember how you used to write amazing poetry and come on, you were one of the best students in the class."

Jaebum was encouraging him post dinner as he gave Jinyoung some of his clothes to change into.

"Is this supposed to make me feel hopeful?" Jinyoung's face scrunched as he took the clothes and discarded his own.

"It is supposed to make you believe in yourself. I am not sweet talking to you just because I love you. I am stating facts. You can do a lot of things Jinyoungie," Jaebum had ruffled his hair like any guardian would do to their ward, trying to teach them the power of self discovery.

Jinyoung swatted his hand away and scoffed

"Oh yeah? Like what? Standing in the middle of the busiest street in Seoul and reciting poetry won't get me trinkets."

Jaebum had pulled him into a warm hug, kissed on top of his head, eventually trailing his mouth down to Jinyoung's neck only to whisper into his ear.

"Park Jinyoung never gives up right? We will find a way."

Jinyoung looked up.

"It's just Jinyoung," he corrected his boyfriend.

"No, it's not just Jinyoung. It's my Jinyoung. My Jinyoungie baby."

Laughing and giggling like two little kids, Jaebum had started tickling him straight into the bed. Kissing and cuddling followed and none of them could remember when they fell asleep.

Jaebum is still sleeping and Jinyoung tries not to wake him up. But by the time he gets out of the shower, Jaebum is already yawning and stretching like his pet cat which has grown up quite a lot. Jinyoung recalls how Nora was a small fragile kitten which he had picked up from a local pet store and now she is almost twice the size of what it had been as an infant. Jinyoung can see that the black and cream furred feline curled up at the corner of Jaebum's head is having the best time of her life unlike him. Even though he is with Jaebum, things are still messy and Jinyoung has to get his shit together and do something productive with his life.