11 ☜

"i don't know how to have a gay son," jack's mother sighed after he told her that what she saw was because he's gay.

"mom, i'm still me," jack said while trying to comfort her. "jackie i know, i just- i'm so confused! are you sure you're not just confused?" she asked, jack snickered.

"yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm gay," jack admitted, his mother looked at him with care before leaving the kitchen. jack decided he should call finn and talk to him about last night and explain the events. finn kissed him, no, he didn't just kiss him, he made out with him, but he was drunk.

jack huffed frustratedly and traveled back to his room, he picked up his phone and called finn.

1 ring... 2 rings... 3 rings... "hello?" finn sniffed, which was a bit troubling to jack, but he swiped the thought away. "I wanted to talk to you about last night," jack said, getting to the point. jack could hear finn take a long, deep breath. "I- I was drunk, okay? It-it didn't mean anything, whatever happened," finn choked, which again, was troubling to jack, but he chose to believe nothing was wrong.

"It's called liquid confidence for a reason, finn. You told me some things last night and now, I'm choosing to believe you were confiding in me, even if you were drunk. I know you don't want to be mad, and all I want to do is explain what's going on with so-" before jack could finish, finn let out a sob. the line went quiet, after about 40 seconds of absolute quiet, jack spoke. "Finn, are you alr-" finn hung up before jack could finish. fuck, jack thought. he ran to the garage and grabbed his bike, he was about to head to finn's home when, speak of the devil, finn called back, jack picked up immediately.

"finn?" jack asked, his voice shaking. "finn!" jack yelled, he felt tears well up in his eyes, he ran outhis front door and down the stairs. "s-sorry, i was trying to build my composure to speak," finn laughed weakly. "Finn why do you sound like- like.." jack couldn't speak, his heart was beating too fast, he was too tired from the all-of-a-sudden adrenaline.

"like i was crying," finn finished jack's thought, jack breathed heavily on the other line before he calmed down. "sorry, yeah," jack agreed, "because I was. You hurt me jack, I can't handle all of this right now. The first place I went when I was drunk? Your house? Why? You're the only person I could think of. I can't- I can't get my mind off of you, jack, i just- 'your name is the strongest positive and negative connotation in any language. it either lights me up or leaves me aching for days,'" finn quoted, he was having trouble speaking.

"I know i hurt you, just please let me explain why i kissed sophia, it won't fix everything, but it will make a lot of sense," jack pleaded, finn began to take in shaky breaths. "finn please, talk to me," jack begged him, finn almost let out a sob but he held it back.

"can i come over?" jack asked, finn shook his head before realizing that the boy couldn't see him. "now's not a um- a good time, can i come over there?" finn asked with a sniff, "yeah, of course," jack replied, finn tried to smile and hung up the phone, he put on his jacket, grabbed his skateboard, and began riding to jack's.