30 ☜

friday, january 14th, 2018

"cuts?" mrs wolfhard asked, her expression showed that she knew she was going to be scared by any way finn answered.

"yea um- like the bottle he threw at me, that's what i meant," finn muttered.

"finn, baby, come here," his mother cried, finn shuffled over to her. the tall women embraced finn and held his head in her hands, she kissed his head and weeped.

"i know it's hard honey, i'm so sorry. will you please show me?" she asked, finn shook his head no. "ok, ok."

finn pulled away and smiled softly, he filled a glass with water and went back to his room. the tired boy laid back down on his bed and attempted to go back to sleep when he heard yelling, he groaned quietly and cautiously stepped over to his door to listen.

his mom was yelling at steve, telling him to leave. i love her, finn thought. "i don't need you hurting my son!" she screamed, steve didn't reply. "do you understand what you've done to him? you're hurting him so much! my son is more important than keeping you around."

"i don't understand why being gay is such an issue!" finn's mother screamed, "it's disgusting! he's repulsive! i'm trying to hit some sense into him, he's obviously not mentally stable if he thinks he's in love with another boy. he's ruining how he thinks! it offends me, god, and the bible! if he doesn't understand that it's wrong, he is a disgrace and shouldn't be here, he doesn't deserve to live," steve spoke monotonously, it scared both finn and his mother. finn's heart broke, maybe he's right. he thought, he carried his now heavy-feeling body back to his bed and struggled to fall back to sleep.

he could still hear his mom and steve speaking, they were quieter now. soon enough, their voices were muffled and finn dozed off.

jack held his blankets close, he tried hard to pretend that he was holding finn. the boy wondered what was going on at the wolfhard's and why he had to leave so early, he knew the reason he was given was bullshit. was it because steve was home? jack sat up, there was no use in trying to go back to sleep, his mind was too active.

a knock came from outside of jack's room, "jack, honey? are you home?" jack's mother asked, she opened his door. the sight she was greeted with wasn't a good one, jack was hunched over while still holding his blankets close to him.

jack's mother cautiously walked over and sat down on the end of her son's bed. "want to talk about it?"

"mom... i think there's something going on at finn's house," jack admitted, he knew he had to tell someone. "like what?" she asked nervously, she figured with her hands.

"i don't know... his stepdad is a questionable individual," jack said, his mother didn't respond, the tension in the room became thick.

"there's something i need to tell you, mom."

"you can tell me anything," mrs. grazer said, she took jack's hands in her own, he didn't look at her. "i'm dating someone, you really like them," jack smiled, his mother giggled.

"i'm in love with finn," jack giggled, his mother was quiet for a moment before she smiled. "i kind of always knew... the way you two look at each other is heart warming... plus, whenever i walked in to you two sleeping and holding hands. i've got to admit, i was pretty taken aback at first, but if you really do love him and he really loves you, i will support," she responded, a heavy weight was lifted from jack's chest.

"thanks for being supportive, mom," jack thanked his mother, she looked at him with love. "how could I ever stop loving my baby boy?"

when she said the words baby boy, jack couldn't help of thinking about finn, how was he doing? the terrible thoughts came back, what if things weren't going very good... steve.. what if something happened?

"ill talk to you later, dear," mrs grazer said before leaving the room, jack sighed and laid back down, his thoughts about finn that were lounging before his mother came in came back to hang out, they weren't welcome.