26 ☜

Thursday, january 13th, 2018.

it'd been two days since Finn had been at school or at home and everyone was starting to greatly worry about him. jack especially.

jack arrived at school expecting it to be another day of him being anxious about Finn, and he was sort of right... finn had shown, but he wasn't good.

jack called Finn's name, he jolted around quickly, he looked like a deer in the headlights but with a twist; his face was dark and gloomy looking, his arms held distinct bruises that peeked out from under his sleeves, the neckline of his shirt looked distressed like someone had grabbed onto it.

finn turned back around and walked in the opposite direction of jack, "Finn, wait!" jack yelled after him, he tried to catch up to him but it was no use in the crowded hallway. "Finn!" jack yelled again for any chance he could get to talk to the tattered boy.

Finn couldn't let Jack see him like that, he'd know what happened because of that dumb confession. Really, it didn't hurt, he just ached. "Finn," someone gasped as they grabbed his shirt and dragged me into the bathroom. Finn yelped when they let go, it was Wyatt. "finn, what happened?" he asked, Finn felt as if he was so much smaller than Wyatt.

"i-it's complicated," Finn answered, he felt a pain that was festering in his chest, it urged him to tell his friend. "just um- stuff going on at um- home," Finn murmured, Wyatt grabbed finn's hand. "is it happening again?"  finn didn't answer, he wanted to say yes but he didn't want wyatt to tell someone.

"no," finn finally replied, wyatt shook his head and brought finn into a hug. "listen, I know last time this was hard for you so if it's happening again, no doubt it's hard. just know that I'll be there for you just like I was," wyatt whispered into finn's hair.

"why didn't you notice ," the thin boy murmured in response, wyatt pulled away from the hug. "i was scared, i'm sorry," he said, finn closed his eyes and leaned on wyatt, this is the best he's felt in the last couple days and he was going to take advantage of it. finn ended up falling asleep on wyatt, he hadn't gotten good rest in the past two days since he hasn't really been home, only to grab food and keep himself clean. everything else seemed to risky to do, sleep there, change there, live there.

wyatt sighed and wrapped his arms around finn, he had a responsibility now... make his best friend happy again, just like he did that year ago.