60 ☜

friday, march 2nd, 2018.

when the two boys woke up, the sun was just barely rising. jack hadn't remembered falling asleep, and finn remembered it so well; his head resting in jack's lap, it was so peaceful.

"god, my head hurts," finn chuckled as his face scrunched up into an uncomfortable expression. "let's get you home, okay?" jack asked, finn nodded his head. the two boys headed back to the car, when they got in, they sighed.

it felt nice to be in cushioned seats after sleeping in the woods. the drive back to finn's house was silent, the two didn't really know what to talk about, and they were tired.

when jack pulled into finn's driveway, he didn't want him to get out. "i don't think i want to go in there," finn murmured, jack sighed and grabbed finn's hand. "you have control over your life, nobody else does. remember that."

finn smiled gratefully at jack, then got out of the car and went inside his house. it was eerily silent. "mom?" finn called out, there was still silence. the boy crept to his room to see his mom sitting on his bed with a baggie in her hands.

finn's heart dropped, he knew what it was. hair ties, bobby pins, razors. "mom?" finn asked cautiously, her head shot up in his direction, he could see the tears in her eyes.

"doctor quincy told me, i believe, last time you were in the hospital-" she began with a sigh, "and i couldn't find it in myself to bring it up since then." finn felt as if his air was being restricted, he's only been this afraid a few times in his life. she's disowning you. she hates you.

"baby, show me," she pleaded, which surprised finn, he had never imagined this scenario before. "w-what?" he asked, backing away. "please," his mother pleaded, finn almost gave in, he wanted to spill everything to her, but he had to stay strong.

"i-i don't know what you mean," he said, shaking his head. mrs. wolfhard looked at him with a dissapointed expression. "you don't have to feel ashamed, or scared, because i love you no matter what." finn shakily took a deep breath before rolling up his sleeves as high up as he could.

"oh god," his mother gasped, tears began to spill down her cheeks as she held finn's arms in her hands. "finn, baby, don't do this again," she cried, he nodded his head vigorously, tears slipping down his face.

"i-i won't momma, i-i promise," he cried, she dropped the baggie and stood up to hug her son. everything seemed right.

later in the day, jack drove to finn's to hang out. the two boys were laying on finn's bed in the dark, jack's head was on finn's stomach.

"y'know whats funny?" finn asked, "what?" jack asked, keeping his eyes on the ceiling. "you never know something's important until later, like you generously paying for my coffee, that was a beginning," finn smiled, jack caught on.

"and us running into wyatt whilst being on the phone with jaeden was a beginning to," he said, finn nodded. "when noah-" finn sighed, "that was an ending."

"when my dad left for that 'business trip', that was an ending," jack frowned. "when my mom started dating steve, that was a horrible beginning."

"so yeah- we never realize how important events are until later, like i would've never imagined that after buying your coffee, we would date for what's felt like forever, but in a good way," finn smiled, he ran his fingers through jack's hair.

"we were the greatest beginning of them all," jack joked, finn chuckled and tapped his head oddly. "of course. have you ever wondered what your life would be like without someone? like, if you never met some person, what do you think would be different? do you think in a different reality you were friends with someone that you're not friends with in this one?" finn asked, jack shook his head.

"slow down there, tiger. these are big, psychological questions. give yourself a break, you've had a tough week, okay, a tough year."

"what do you think would happen if we never met?" finn asked, jack shook his head and sat up. he looked around finn's room as if he had never been in there before, until he came across a notebook.

"what's this?" he asked, finn shrugged. jack opened the thin notebook to a journal entry, but it was the only one.

may 14, 2017.

i don't know where to write this, i think i may be falling in love with jack. we've been dating for two months, and i know it's soon, but i can't help myself. the way we met, the way he speaks, the way we joke, everything all has played into how i feel. i am falling in love with this boy. on another note, wyatt has a crush on jaeden, big surprise there. just kidding. i love them. so so so so so cute. i love my friends, as well. i'm trying to stop talking to noah, i don't know if i'll end up telling jack about him, maybe once we've been dating for a while, there's shit i really don't want to say out loud, even if i was the only person on earth. thanks for listening.

"i think if we never met-" jack began as he laid back down, facing finn, "i wouldn't know it was possible to love someone more than life itself."