41 ☜

tuesday, january 25th, 2018.

finn woke up in the hospital with a nasty headache, he must've hit his head when he fell. why did i faint? finn wondered, he couldn't find anything to explain why, until a doctor came into the room.

"good afternoon, i wasn't expecting you to be up," he said, finn shrugged. "why am i here, sir?" finn asked, the doctor tilted his head. "i'm sorry- i'm not understanding, this was not intentional?" he asked, finn hadn't known what he meant.

"i'm not following..." he said, the doctor sighed and tapped on a screen of some sort. "your blood pressure is low, and you've lost an unhealthy amount of weight in the past couple of months according to your last weigh-in and your most recent," he explained, the hospitalized boy was still having trouble keeping up with the situation.

"finn, you collapsed from malnourishment," the doctor explained, finn swallowed hard, he never thought it would get this bad.

"we contacted your parents, they're on their way. you do have some friends here, though." moments after the doctor finished speaking, jack and wyatt came into the room.

the two stared at finn for a moment, he could only imagine how weak and fragile he looked. the doctor sighed and left the boys alone, "i'll be back soon to check your vitals."

"what- um- happened?" jack asked nervously as he played with his fingers, finn's gaze was cast to his own hands in his lap.

"i passed out," finn said as he looked up, he made eye contact with wyatt before looking back down.
"jack could you give me and finn a minute?" wyatt asked, jack hesitated but nodded his head and walked out.

"have you been eating?" wyatt asked, finn looked up at him but didn't say anything. "what if i haven't," he said, wyatt looked mad. "finn, you're not only starving yourself to the point where you're losing consciousness, but you've been smoking on an empty stomach too? doing other drugs? do you realize what you're doing to your body?" wyatt asked with tears in his eyes, he couldn't bare to see finn this way.

"i didn't realize," finn said, he began playing with his fingers. "y-you didn't realize? you didn't realize how thin you've become? why are you doing this to yourself? you don't look good, if that's what you're going for. you look sick."

"i'm sorry, ok?" finn yelled, wyatt groaned, "don't apologize. get better." the room went quiet, the atmosphere was thick and very awkward. wyatt hasn't meant to get so angry with finn, and finn hadn't meant to let himself get this bad.

"can i come back in now?" jack asked, peeking around the doorway, wyatt kept his eyes on finn as he got up from the bed. "let's go, jack."

"wait- what? why?" he asked, but Wyatt didn't answer; he grabbed jack by the wrist and pulled him away, leaving finn alone, or so he thought; finn heard someone walk back into the room, he looked up to see that it was jack. "hey," he said, finn smiled weakly and grabbed jack's hand. "thank you for not leaving me," he said.

"i wont ever leave you alone," jack responded, "not like this, not ever."