27 ☜

Thursday, January 13th, 2018.

after not being home for a while, finn finally decided to return. he climbed up the side of the house and popped his unlocked window open, he hopped down inside. it was kind of refreshing to be home, kind of scary. he hasn't stopped by the house since the day when his mom and stepdad weren't there.

finn immediately changed into something else, light grey joggers and a red champion t-shirt. the tired boy laid down in his bed and closed his eyes, it was weird for the house to be so silent, but he could definitely get used to it. when finn was close to falling asleep, he heard weeping. it took a minute before he could bring himself to get out of bed and check it out.

he tip-toed out of his room and followed the distorted noises, he reached the kitchen and saw his mother sitting at the kitchen counter crying into her coffee. "mom..?" finn cautiously called, her head shot up in my direction. she was shocked, but jumped up from her chair and ran over to him, she embraced him so tightly he felt he couldn't breathe. the mother and son sat in silence for moments later before Finn's mom spoke. "i've missed you, I went looking for you. steve is gone... he said he was leaving until he cooled off since he didn't want to worry about hurting me... he's trying to get better sweetie! I'm so sorry about what he said to you... I do love you, you know that..." she spoke, finn began to cry.

"why would you let him hit me?" he cried, his mother just continued to comfort him in her embrace. "I was scared, i'm sorry. thank you for protecting me," mrs. wolfhard whispered into finn's ear, he began to cry even harder. "he- he's made me question everything about myself! I- I ha-Hate w-who I... I a-am!" finn yelled while crying, this broke his mother's heart. "I know, baby, I know," she soothed him. finn pulled away from the hug when he had calmed down.

"please don't let him hurt me anymore... I can't deal with it at home or at school," finn murmured, his mom stared at him for a moment. "a-at school?" she asked, she stroked his cheek with care. "y-yeah..." he answered shyly, his mother shook her head and placed a kiss on his forehead. "I'm so sorry, baby," she whispered before pulling her hand away from his wet cheek and going back to her coffee. finn traveled back up to his room and laid back down. he was so tired, so tired.

when finn woke up, jack was lying next to him, completely dozing off. "jack?" finn asked, jack's head shot up from his light sleep, "your mom called me, im sorry," he said immediately. "Jack, it's okay. there isn't anyone else i'd rather see at the moment," finn responded, jack sighed.

"your mom told me what happened with your stepdad... she told me that since you and I have been best friends for like ever and have been dating for a while that I deserved to know... she did say she would've liked to know we'd been dating for so long," jack laughed, finn joined in softly.

"so is it.. um... just your stepdad that's homophobic?" jack asked, finn nodded his head. "how long has this been going on?" jack placed his hand on top of finn's, which was on top of a blanket; finn pulled his hand away from jack's involuntarily.

"i don't know- steve's had his anger issues since as long as i can re-"

"i don't mean his anger issues... i mean the um... why did you lie to me about him hitting you?" jack asked, "you said he only did it because you provoked him."

"i really don't want to talk about this," finn whispered into his hands, he was trying not to freak out.

"i'm sorry, i'm being insensitive," jack sighed, he laid up next to finn and wrapped his arms around him. the two boys left their sitting position and fell back onto the comfortable bed, jack watched as finn quickly fell back to sleep. how adorable, he thought.

it felt like nothing could disrupt them, and they were right to feel that way. while the boys were asleep, mrs woldhard was dealing with her own situation.