16 ☜

timeskip to the morning, finn still in jack's loving arms.

"finn, you need to-" finn's mother said from the doorway, but she stopped, she screamed with surprise at the boy cuddling her son.

"baby what's wrong?" finn's step dad asked her as he walked down the hallway, he peered into finn's room to look at what she was looking at.

"fuck no," he groaned, he pinched the crook of his nose and went into finn's room to wake him up.

steve grabbed onto finn's arm with a tight grip and pulled him out of the bed, out of jack's grasp. finn jolted awake at the sudden force.

"steve let go," finn squirmed, his step dad pulled him across the floor and out of his bedroom, into the living room. he dropped finn and stared down at him.

"you wanna tell me what that boy was doing in your bedroom with you?" steve asked, there was something scary about his tone that was off-putting to finn.

"h-he's just- just a friend," finn choked, trying not to cry. "don't lie to me, boy!" steve yelled at finn, the curly haired boy shrunk down.

"i-i got upset in t-the night so i asked if he c-could come over," finn said, steve stared at him, his eyes dead set on his.

"he was cuddling you, finn," his step dad growled, the curly haired boy could feel a lump in his throat, and the tears in his eyes. he lifted himself up off of the floor so he could show off more of a confident look.

"is he your boyfriend?" steve asked, finn looked away from steve to stare at nothing in particular, and nodded.

anger. steve was angered. mrs. wolfhard, his wife, had really raised a poof? a fairy? steve balled his fist and punched finn in his jaw, next in his eye. this made him feel better, being gay was wrong, and if his wife wasn't going to teach her son that, then he would do her a favor and do it for her.

finn clenched his jaw and kept his mouth shut, he didn't want jack to hear. this had happened before, but for stupid reasons. what if this becomes frequent? finn thought as steve pushed him back down to the floor and walked away. had being gay really made steve this mad at him? was being gay that wrong?

finn lifted himself off of the floor, his back, face, and heart ached. he opened the door to his room to see jack sitting up on his phone, how hadn't he woken up when he was being pulled away?

"where did you go to?" jack asked with a giggle, finn smiled which only hurt himself more. he sat down on the bed with jack and leaned into the crook of his neck.

"hey, you okay?" jack asked him, "yup. good," finn answered.

"you should probably get going before my mom asks about why you're here, i might get in trouble for sneaking you in," finn said, he swallowed a lump in his throat. jack frowned and kissed finn's forehead.

"i wouldn't want to get my finnie into any sort of trouble... i'll see you later, love," jack smiled and traveled down to finn's lips, he kissed him and then pulled away. "i'll text you, my love," jack said with blushed cheeks.

"i love you," said finn, "i love you too, finn," jack responded.

as jack left through his window, finn thought about what jack said. 'i wouldn't want to get my finnie into any sort of trouble,' little did he know, finn was now in a world of trouble, but he knew he couldn't blame it on jack... jack did sneak in though... no, it couldn't be his fault. he loves finn. his intentions are good.

finn laid his head down on his pillows and tried to go back to sleep, from now on, days would be long. his mom and, especially, his step dad, weren't going to let this go easily.