13 ☜

-finn-

after a few hours of hanging out with jack and talking things out, i decided to go home, i wasn't really looking foreword to it. my stepdad texted me while i was with jack and it kind of put me into panic mode the rest of the time i was with him, which sucked.

"i'm home," i murmured lowly, nobody ever answered. ever since my mom started going out with her new boyfriend, aka- my step dad, she never has the time of day for me. i dragged myself up the stairs and into my bedroom, i laid down on my bed, i felt relaxed with my back up against the comforter.

i held my hands over my eyes in a dreadful manor and tried to forget about everything. the bed seemed to comfortable for my thoughts so i laid down on the floor, it was hard and i heard my back crack, but it was also soothing.

"finn?" shit. "finn, is that you?" my step-dad called out for me, i stayed quiet and on my floor. suddenly, the door opened and i shot up.

"when did you get home?" steve asked, i looked down at the floor, "not too long ago," i murmured.

"why did you ignore my text?" he asked me, i winced. "i- i was with my friend,"i answered. steve gripped my arm and pulled me off of the floor and close to his face, he wrapped his other hand around my neck.

my heart was beating fast, i didn't know what to do. i often let people do what they wanted, i wasn't sure why. "listen here, boy. when i'm trying to get a hold of you? you answer," he spat in my face. he threw me back down to the floor and walked out, i flinched when he slammed the door.

i felt like i was going to cry. i'm crying i'm crying i'm crying. if you feel like you're crying, doesn't that mean you should be crying? i know i'm crying. fuck.

i rubbed my fingers across my cheeks to wipe away any tears, but there weren't any. i quickly got up off the floor and traveled to the bathroom, i locked myself in and slid down the frame of the door to the floor. i crawled over to the shower and began to turn it on so i could wash myself, i was pretty dirty after all, i could use one.

i got in the shower, the water burned my skin but i didn't mind. it washed away steve's touch, i hated myself even more every time he touched me. i began to rub my arm aimlessly, i knew there would be no external difference. somehow, though, i felt a huge rock being lifted from my lungs.