20 ☜

Wednesday, December 31st, 2017.

finn and Jack snuck out, their parents were having new years parties so it was practically easy to slip away as the night progressed and they got more drunk with their friends.

jack wasn't very happy when he went to meet up with Finn and he had brought a bottle of rum, but he didn't say anything. it was new years, Jack was going to let it slide.

"truth, or dare?" Finn asked, jack giggled, he could feel the alcohol kicking in. "truth," he slurred.

"why do you love me?" Finn looked at Jack, searching his face like the answer lied there. " I don't feel like that's a fair question; there are so many reasons as to why I love you, but they're just feelings... how am I supposed to put those into words?" Jack asked. finn smiled bashfully.

"Truth, or dare?" Jack asked back, Finn shrugged, "pick for me," he answered, jack snickered. "but that's not any fun!" the smaller boy complained, Finn giggled in response. "okay, okay. dare,"

"I dare you to..." Jack paused, obviously thinking of something, "to kiss me." Finn was flustered, but he grabbed Jack's chin and pulled him close by the waist. Finn hesitated for a moment, he didn't want anyone to see. He pulled Jack away from the sidewalk to a more private area. disgusting.

"sorry," Finn mumbled, "are you embarrassed?" Jack asked. Finn shuffled his feet on the pavement; he was obviously uncomfortable, why had he done that? He's never been scared to kiss Jack before... so why now? being gay was wrong. it was disgusting. don't let anyone see, they'll hate you. fairy.

"no, I don't know what came over me," Finn laughed, Jack tried to join in, but he still didn't understand what was going on. "yea," Jack laughed, Finn looked around anxiously. The two boys continued walking along the sidewalk once they had calmed down. The sky kept getting darker, and darker until it was pitch black and every star you could possibly think of could be seen.

"It's almost midnight," Finn whispered like all eyes were on them, Jack smiled. "yea," he responded, they continued on in silence. At 11:50 P.M., they stopped on a deserted road and hung their legs over the overpass, where below them, cars would hustle along under us.

At 11:54 P.M., Jack scooted closer to Finn so that their legs were up against one another. The smaller boy was blushing, he hasn't been this close to Finn in a few days, he missed it.

When 11:57 P.M. rolled around, Finn turned to jack and said it. "i've been getting bad again." Jack hadn't known what he meant for a moment, but then rendered the severity of his words.

"oh shit, Finn," Jack whispered, he gazed sadly into Finn's eyes, the taller boy held the eye contact well, which was odd for him.

"You told me to tell you if it ever did, so... I didn't know how to say it," Finn sighed. At 11:59 P.M., Jack cupped Finn's cheeks in his hands and kissed him as the analog clock on his phone turned to midnight.

Lips met teeth and tongue, the boys could taste the lingering aroma of alcohol, the bottle sat next to them. Jack ran his fingers through finn's curly hair, Finn placed his hand on the back of Jack's neck in an attempt to pull him closer.

Finn pulled away first, "I trust you," he whispered again, like the whole world was ease dropping. The words the boy spoke made Jack smile bashfully.

"And I love you," he responded with a smile, but he couldn't quite get Finn's words out of his head.
"it's been getting bad again,"

when Jack looked at Finn, he couldn't help but wonder if it was all an act, his smile, his jokes, his laugh. was is a facade? All of this made Jack anxious but he didn't want to say anything and make Finn feel worse, so he decided to keep his mouth shut.

"happy new year," finn spoke, a blush draped over his cheeks. distant fireworks lit up the sky, the likeliness of cars under them became slimmer as the night went on.

"happy new year, finnie."