37 ☜

Thursday, January 20th, 2018.

-Jack-

"finn?" I called from outside of Finn's window, the roof was wet, I felt as if he could slip at any moment, and that scared me. "Here, sorry," Finn apologized as he opened his window. I climbed inside without a word, I jumped down to the floor, then traveled over to his bed.

"why're you here so late? I thought we were gonna talk right after school?" he asked, "conversation can last longer, it's a school night and your mom would probably tell me to go home around 10, but this is important," I said.

"so um- what did you talk to wyatt about?" finn asked, and I could hear it in his voice, the fear. "we were talking about how you've been, and how you've been acting, the things you've done... Did you really show up buzzed this morning?" I asked. finn shook his head, "not all the way there, I drank some v-vodka..."

"did you... relapse?" I asked. I could feel a knot forming in my throat, this isn't something I like talking about with finn since I'm such a hot-headed person, I always seem to make him feel so much worse. "will you be mad?" he asked with a sniffle, I shook my head carefully.

"No, baby. I just get so upset you don't get the love and happiness you deserve," I spoke, finn smiled and rolled up his sleeves. It looked like he half-ass cleaned up the self-inflicted wounds, they were still red and irritated, still stained and seemed to have self-inflicted bruises, if it was steve, they'd be worse.

I hugged him close to my body, i could feel his steady breathing on my neck. "Is your step-dad home?" I asked. I could feel Finn stiffen in my arms. "uh-yea, I'm pretty sure. I-I never know when he leaves, he's always g-gone, then c-comes back without being a-asked to," he said weakly.

"sit down with me," i cooed, i gently pulled his arms toward me and stared down at them, how could someone this beautiful learn to hate them self this much? "please- you promised me you would call me if you felt like doing this to yourself- don't do it again,"I cried.

"I'm s-sorry," finn choked. I really hadn't known how to reply, what do you say to someone in this state? If only Wyatt were here, from what I've observed, it seems like he's been through this with finn before. "should I hit Wyatt up?" I asked, Finn vigorously shook his head.

"W-Wyatt's mad at me right now," he said.

"why's he mad? I'm sure he isn't." I cooed, finn chuckled lowly. "He tried to help, and I pushed him out. I literally pushed him out of my house." I semi-gasped, it came out sounding odd. "why would you do that?" I asked, "please, stop talking about it," he said, he curled up and pulled his knees close to his chest. "I'm sorry," I apologized, and I knew finn accepted it when he grabbed my hand and squeezed, I squeezed back comfortingly.

"i'll stick with you," i said, "always."