Ms. Cabello

"Oh, fuck." I groan when I pull my vibrating phone from my pocket.

"What is it?" Cara asks and I toss my phone across the table towards her. She takes a moment to read the message before replying, "Who's Peyton?"

"Some girl I hooked up with over summer break." I reply and Cara grimaces.

"Damn, she's got a bit of an attitude, hasn't she?"

I take the phone back and read the message again, 'Oh I guess your just too busy with your good for nothing life to text back.'

"Yeah, it was hotter at the time, trust me... plus she spelled you're wrong. Damn, she was a good fuck, too." I joke and Cara laughs as I put my phone away just as the bell rings.

"Well, time to head back to hell, I guess." I grumble and she just pushes my shoulder as she gathers her things into her backpack.

"Yeah, right. You'll find someone else to shag within minutes and you'll forget all about how much school sucks."

Now it's my turn to hit her shoulder, so I do just that and we both check our schedules before heading to our first class. Thankfully, it's together. Not-thankfully, it's Spanish. If the teacher is anything like the boring, old fossil of a teacher I had last time, I'm getting a schedule change.

Oh, but she most certainly is not.

As I walk up to the classroom, I have to check my schedule again to ensure I am, in fact, outside of the right classroom.

"Name?" She asks when she notices me standing there, and my jaw literally drops. She's gorgeous.

She also just asked me a question.

"Um, Y/n Y/l/n." I answer, and when those brown eyes look down to a clipboard in her arms, my confidence seems to come back.

"And you?" I ask, and I could've sworn I saw a smirk on her lips.

"Ms. Cabello, but you should be able to see that on your schedule. Go ahead and take a seat anywhere you'd like." She says, stepping out of the way of her door, and I know exactly where I plan on sitting.

Unfortunately, so did the entire football team apparently. All of the front seats closest to her desk have been taken by them.

"Cara. Cara Delevingne." I hear come from behind me and decide to wait for her to come in before choosing my seat.

"Right, I believe that's everyone." Ms. Cabello announces as she enters the classroom, closing the door behind her before heading to her desk at the front of the room. My eyes follow her the whole way, but unfortunately so do those of the boys at the front, along with their wolf whistles.

"Hello everyone!" She smiles when she's behind her desk, putting the clipboard with our names on it down before turning to us all and crossing her arms behind her back, "I'm Ms. Cabello, your new Spanish III teacher. I'm also a new teacher overall here at this school so if you're a new student and have some questions about how things work here, unfortunately I won't be much of a help. It also means that I might get a few things wrong about the way things work here so feel free to correct me if I do."

"Y/n," Cara hisses from the seat beside me, distracting me from whatever Ms. Cabello moves on to say, and I snap my eyes onto her, "You're drooling, love." She winks with a smirk and I glare at her, but still wipe my chin just in case which ends up with her laughing at me.

Ms. Cabello clears her throat and I instantly look back up at her.

"Did you hear any of that, Y/n?" She asks with a look that I can't quite decipher, and I shake my head.

"No, sorry ma'am." I reply with my sweetest smile, earning some confused looks from the other students. I do have a reputation of not really giving a shit about teachers and classes, after all. My behaviour is not known for being good.

"Don't let me catch you talking whilst I am again." She scolds and I'm pretty sure I'm blushing. What the hell? I never blush!

"As I was saying," she drawls, looking back at the rest of the class, "We will be doing an 'ice breaker' today, which is what I call an activity to get to know one another, since it is the first day of the school year and I believe it's very important to know at least something about your classmates and students, even if it's just their name. I can also see the people who already have friends in here," she pauses and looks back at me and Cara with that same look (is it intimidating? Or just hot? I can't decide), before continuing, "So this should be pretty easy."

...

"Y/n, will you stay after class, please?" She asks five minutes before the bell rings, a chorus of 'ooh's erupting from the football team as a smirk spreads over my face. It shouldn't be there, I know, but I can't help it.

"Yes, Ms. Cabello." I reply with a hint of a seductive tone, highlighting an innuendo in the situation that isn't actually there and only causing the football team to either grumble or point that out to her, but she seems to ignore them as she watches me, an air of caution about her.

"Does anybody else want to join her? Because I promise it won't be fun." She threatens, or tries to but she looks adorable when she blushes, and I bite my tongue. It seems everyone else does too because it's silent until the bells rings.

"Yeah?" I ask, leaning against her desk, when everyone else has left the room. She continues shuffling papers around her desk though I doubt she needs to considering she just moved that stack over to the left and then back to where it was before.

"Yes, Ms. Cabello." she corrects, "And I meant what I said earlier. You know, I spent some time meeting the other teachers this morning and most everyone warned me about you. I want to make myself very clear when I say that I will not accept any bad behaviour in my classroom. Do you understand?"

Damn.

"Of course." I nod and turn to leave, but she catches my arm and then quickly lets go.

"I'm sorry," she clears her throat, wiping her hands against the sides of her jacket, "I just- have a good day." She nods and I do the same with a small frown before awkwardly leaving the room.

Cara meets me on the other side by leaping onto my back, somehow managing to have me give her a piggy-back ride even though she's wearing a backpack. It's times like these that I'm grateful for the choice to use a satchel instead.

"What happened?" She questions as I reach around to grab her thighs so she doesn't fall.

"She just gave me a warning. You know, same old." I sigh and hear her do the same.

"Your routine precedes you, Y/n." She says as she jumps off of my back and lands with a soft thud beside me.

"Tell me something I don't know." I roll my eyes sarcastically with a smile.

"What've you got next?" She changes the subject, pulling her schedule out of her pocket and moving to walk backwards in front of me.

"Um..." I hum, taking out my schedule too, and then groan, "Technical Theatre in the auditorium, which I only took because my stupid ass decided to put off fine arts 'til senior year."

"Ew." Cars laughs, "Well good luck!"

"Yeah, thanks." I mutter and then pat her on the shoulder as we part.

⚠️ Don't imagine yourself as Lauren!! It makes it awkward later when she comes in!⚠️