Fancy Seeing You Here

It's Saturday, and I invited Camila to the Rosita and Crescent again seeing as she seemed to enjoy it last time. Still, there's a tense atmosphere in the air even as she chuckles softly into her smoothie about the joke I just told. I feel as though something terrible is about to happen. Looking for the source of my paranoia, I don't expect to see anything, and yet there it stands at the door of the cafe.

"Shit!" I hiss when I identify the man standing there, a stranger attached to his hip. She's smiling at the waitress at the door as he looks around, and I just manage to drop to the floor before he spots me.

"What is it?" Camila frowns, looking down at me as I crouch behind the table and try to stealthily peer at him.

"Nothing, nothing, I- um..." I stammer, giving up halfway.

She follows my gaze with concerned eyes and I watch her hand tighten on the table's edge. Why- she doesn't know him, does she?

"That bitch." She mutters under her breath and I frown up at her. Perhaps she just put two and two together and realised who he is?

"I need to leave," I inform Camila from my spot on the floor, not noticing the weird looks we're getting from some of the other customers.

"Wha- why?" She asks, frowning back down at me again. Oh, maybe she didn't figure it out then? But who was she referring to?

"Camila?" I hear a voice call out from not far away. Camila's head instantly snaps up and she puts on an obviously fake smile.

"Hey! Fancy seeing you here!" She greets as passive-aggressively as possible, making me smirk. I peek over the table and see Oliver and the woman beside him approaching, a broad grin on her face. It too looks fake, but I don't mention anything about it because fear is striking my heart.

"I came with Oliver, my boyfriend." The woman replies, putting a possessive hand on his chest, "He's visiting his daughter."

"Yeah, right," I mumble, unintentionally drawing everyone's attention to me.

With wide eyes and a racing heart, I realise I've revealed myself and slowly stand up.

"How- how do you know one another?" I ask in a voice higher than my own, gesturing between Camila and this woman. Camila must sense my panic because her hand inches over closer to me as if telling me to calm down.

"This is Hailee, one of my old friends." Camila announces, then asking with a harsh tone, "You're not fucking my husband anymore, then?"

Plot twist!
Haha

A few of you picked who I was going to choose, but I wanted to make the story a little more unpredictable I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️ The people you mentioned will be making an appearance though, just wait and see!

Also, I'm very sorry for the late update! I've got another chapter ready already so there won't be another huge gap!