Under Blacklights

As soon as the doors open to allow us into the arena, Camila pecks me on the cheek, giggling mischievously as she scurries ahead into the even darker room beyond. I chuckle to myself as I follow her in. I am already familiar with the layout of this place as Cara and I have been many times, meaning I don't follow the confused little boys up to the second floor, instead opting to remain down here in the corner opposite the door, ducking behind walls as I fall into the familiar behavioural pattern.

Every now and then, I hear the almost alien-sounding beeps of lasers being fired, the drones and groans that accompany a lost life echoing through the dark room with glowing barrels and walls. Amongst them, I hear her.

Smirking to myself when I hear a very familiar giggle paired with the scurrying of feet, I turn and peek through a small hole in the wall behind me, managing to shoot the sensor on her back before hiding away again.

"Goddamnit!" She complains, sighing to herself as her harness emits a rippling tune, meaning she's lost a life.

Yep, definitely Camila.

When I peer around the corner once more, I see nothing but brightly painted walls.

Ensuring that I remain quiet, I step out of my hiding place, shooting a few other players from the mesh-floored gaps through to the second floor. Then, creeping past one of the best hiding places in the arena, I yelp when I'm pulled into a particularly dark gap between two walls.

Dropping the gun when I'm wedged against the walls, I look up to see two narrow brown eyes glaring at me, a slit of light from above revealing them to me.

"I knew it was you." She mutters, her tone holding a hint of teasing beneath the betrayal, before once again surprising me by plunging her lips onto mine, hands coming up to hold the sides of my neck, thumbs laying across my cheeks. My own move to her waist, soon trailing lower when she tilts her head to intensify the kiss. Her tongue brushes against mine, only adding to the intoxicating effect.

My mind otherwise occupied with how incredible her mouth feels working against mine, I don't notice my roaming hands until she bites down on my lower lip and they grip her backside in each palm, though when they do I can't say I regret it. With pliant skin clad in tight denim beneath my palms, smooth lips and an explorative tongue against my own, I may as well be in heaven.

The clouds rolling into my mind cast a fog over my memory of where we are, and my hands act accordingly when she nips, once again, on my bottom lip. She hums as my fingertips dance over her bare waist, passing over the fabric of her crop top and under the harness to palm at her breasts.

That's when I hear a rather loud shot, followed by a familiar tune. Reluctantly pulling away from her lips, I glance down to see her gun pressed right against the sensor in the center of my chest.

"Oh, screw you." I laugh, watching with a shake of the head as she struts away, throwing me a wink before she's out of sight, just making it to safety before my life is restored, the reverse of that tune playing loudly in my ears and announcing that my revenge is nigh.