Irritatingly Coy

"Camila!" I yell, groaning as I pull my now ruined shirt over my head. She'd just thrown a handful of flour at me, coating my neck and shirt with the powder. While she laughs from across the room, I throw my top at her.

"Since when is throwing food a good idea? Especially flour!" I ask annoyedly, but she simply laughs even more, unravelling my shirt and placing it on the counter beside the unfinished cookies we'd attempted to bake.

"It might not have been a good idea," She begins once she recovers. I don't notice her hand dipping back into the bag as she continues, "but it worked."

Slowly, she makes her way towards me, a devilish smile on her face.

"Wait, what are you-" I stop when her finger hooks the top of my sports bra, pulling it away from my skin. Her eyes, all wide and innocent, stay staring at mine as she raises her other hand and drops more god damn flour beneath the fabric.

"Oh, screw you." I mutter, realising what she's trying to do. Despite the flour irritating me, I make a beeline for the bag, grabbing a generous handful and shoving it down her top too, sprinkling the remnants in her hair.

She gasps, looking at me as though offended by my actions. In response, I wink, turning and heading to the guest room and hearing her complain from behind me.

...

"Um, Camila!" I call when I step out of the shower after washing all the flour off of me. With a towel wrapped around me, I poke my head out of the guest room and shout for her again.

"Yeah?" Her reply comes from her bedroom, so I cautiously peek in there and see her drying her damp hair at a dresser, wearing a baggy t-shirt and a pair of shorts.

"I have no clean clothes." I point out, causing her to smirk at me through the reflection in the mirror.

"What a shame." She says sarcastically. I sigh and enter the room fully, crossing my arms as I look down at her.

"What am I supposed to wear?!" I question incredulously, though her smirk only grows.

"Nothing, I guess." Camila shrugs.

"What? I'll just walk around naked, shall I?" I comment, sitting on the edge of her bed behind her.

"Sounds good to me." Her voice is irritatingly coy, making me almost want to drop my towel just to spite her, but the more sensible part of me takes control.

"Camila, I'm serious. Can I borrow some of your clothes or something?"

She laughs, nose scrunching a little as she does, and nods.

"Go look in the wardrobe, I might have something that'll fit you." She finally answers, prompting me to do as she says.

"Thanks, babe." I say quickly when I retrieve a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants that look like my size, pressing a rapid kiss to her cheek before making my way back to the guest room to change.

I don't see how she watches me in the reflection with a loving smile on her face, only returning to the task of drying her hair minutes after I've left.

If you're reading this, my internet worked enough to publish this chapter! However, it didn't work well enough to open my editing app, so there might be some mistakes.

How are you all doing?