See Me After Class

"I'll catch up." I offer Cara as she comes to stand beside my desk when the bell rings.

"Don't count on it." Ms Cabello interrupts so Cara fights a smile and nods, throwing me a simple 'see you' before leaving the room.

The teacher who, might I say, seems to be only getting hotter by the second as I notice more things about her, gets up and closes the door behind the last student. I wasn't looking, but I swear I just heard her lock it too.

"Why do you want to see me?" I ask when she sits back in her desk, and she moves the homework worksheet from the side and slides it in front of her, facing me.

"So many reasons." I think I hear her mumble but put it down to wishful thinking. She clicks something on her computer and the screen turns off, and then she faces me fully and I actually gulp under her gaze.

"Did you want to sign up for the text remind system?" She says as though there's a double meaning behind her words, pointing at where I'd written my phone number.

Some sort of witty, flirty comment is supposed to come next, but instead I rub the back of my neck and just nod.

"Because," She continues, as though I hadn't answered, and her eyes fall to the paper, "If you were trying to get somebody else's number in return, I'm sure that that 'cutie' would rather receive the message instead of me." Thankfully, my confidence comes back to me at this point.

"What if that cutie did the message?" I question smoothly, "What if I'm just waiting on a response?"

"What are you saying, Y/n?" She questions, her eyes closing and when they reopen they snap onto mine.

"I'm saying, Camila..." I begin, leaning over my desk to be closer to her, "If she exchanges my number for hers, perhaps we can get to know each other a little better. But that's completely up to her."

Her eyes flick over towards the door before back to me, and her eyebrows twitch upwards as she too leans over her desk. There's less than a foot between our faces when she stops and speaks up again.

"I manage the remind system through my personal cell phone and have the option to send messages only to certain people... would you like to sign up?" She questions innocently and I know for sure that there's a double meaning now.

"In that case, I would very much like to sign up." I smirk and she takes out a post-it note and scrawls a six digit number on it before sliding it across to me.

"Text Remind to this, and then put your name and class period." She says and when I reach out to take it, as cliché as it is, our hands brush and I feel a rush of something or other through me.

"Done." I wink once I've finished, and a moment later her cell phone buzzes.

She types something before mine does the same, and I look down to see a message from that same number. I change the contact name before checking the message.

Camila (Reminds): Don't be late to class. x

Okay, first of all- "You're not going to give me a pass?" I question and she checks the time on her watch before shaking her head.

"You've still got a minute, I'm sure you'll make it in time." She says innocently and I slowly stand up from my seat, moving to lean over her desk until she has to tilt her head back slightly to look up at me.

"Screw you." I say jokingly but she just blinks, and with that I leave the room.

Second of all, she sent a kiss at the end of her text! Does she do that with everyone? Should I send one back? What's the protocol when you're flirting with someone you need to win over first or who you actually like as opposed to someone who already wants to fuck you?

I'm so confused.