No Big Fucking Deal

"Here you go." Camila smiles as she hands me a mug and sips from her own, a small box under one arm.

"Thanks." I smile back, watching as she sits beside me on her sofa before pointing to the box she now places on her lap, "What's in there?"

"The Guess photos." She announces. Her coffee makes a clinking noise as she puts it on the small table before her.

"You got them actually printed out?" I inquire, to which she nods.

Slowly, she peels the box open and I see tons of photos beneath, some in colour, others monochromatic, all of them stunning as far as I can see.

She shows me each of the photos, and I have a hard time not making a joke along the lines of this being better than porn. She's gorgeous, almost too perfect to be real- which I already knew of course but these photos just solidify that belief.

"Who's that?" I ask when she shows me a photo of her kissing a guy on the cheek, her hands planted delicately on his shoulders. He hasn't been in any of the other photos so far but with a glance into the box, I can tell he's in more than just this one.

Camila sighs, almost wistfully, before responding, "Alessandro."

"Oh." I nod, trying to think nothing else of it. Still, she stops that effort when she tosses the photo onto the pile of the others and roots around in the box, adding more explanation is a hushed tone.

"My ex."

"Boyfriend?" I ask, only glancing at the next photo she pulls out, another one of just herself.

"Husband." She replies with a tad more determination in her tone. She stops her rapid searching through the box and looks up at me with an almost worried look in her eyes as she searches mine.

"Oh." I nod, slightly taken aback. I know I asked if she was married before, but I never really expected the answer to be yes. "What happened?"

"I found out he was cheating on me with one of my best friends and... let's just say it didn't end nicely." She sighs yet again and I feel a strong guilt for bringing up the topic.

"I'm sorry for asking so many questions." I almost mumble.

"No, don't apologise. You want to get to know me and that makes sense, seeing as I already know so much about your past." She chuckles nervously, and I don't know what comes over me but I lean over and softly kiss the corner of her jaw, successfully quieting her.

"Don't feel like you owe me anything." I breathe against her skin, "I'm not getting to know you because I feel like I deserve it, or because it's some sort of trade. I'm getting to know you because I want to."

Her hand reaches down to hold mine and I wrap both of mine around it, kissing her neck before continuing, "I'm getting to know you because you're beautiful, Camila, and I really want us to work out... somehow."