Make It A Date

"She told you, didn't she?" Camila asks with narrow eyes, "About the name thing."

"How did you-"

She sighs, shaking her head and muttering, "It's the only thing that makes her laugh so much."

"It is pretty funny." I chuckle, only for her to snap her eyes back onto mine and shoot daggers through them. "Okay, not funny." I agree quickly, looking down before realising I still haven't taken a bite of my hot dog yet and doing so.

She's smirking when I look back up at her, bringing my attention back to those dark lips that I so want to-

"Let's go look at what else they have," Cara suggests, breaking me once again from my thoughts.

I nod in agreement, reaching out to tuck a fallen strand of Camila's hair behind her ear and subsequently causing a blush to appear on her cheeks before winking and following Cara and Ashley down the street to see the other stalls and amusements.

Soon, we fall into easy conversation as a group, stopping at various stalls to look at what they have for sale. Ashley suddenly spots something ahead and tugs Cara along eagerly, making her laugh as she tries not to fall over.

"Benzo!" The man behind the stall calls, making me frown before Ashley hurried around and gives him a hug.

When Camila and I catch up, she snakes an arm around my waist while we look at the game set up. It's one of those ones where you have to throw a ping pong ball into a cup, but the balls have been painted to look like pumpkins.

"If you play, you can win tickets to the university's upcoming play." Ashley informs us, prompting us both to look up at her.

"You guys should play," I suggest, winking at Cara who simply shakes her head.

"We already get free tickets." She explains, "She's in the show."

"Oh, you're an actress?" I question, eager to get to know the girl a little more.

"Well, I want to be. Haven't got any major roles yet." She says humbly while Cara just nods proudly.

"We should play." Camila suggests then, her fingertips trailing up and down my side mindlessly, "We can make it a date."

"Yeah?" I confirm, rummaging through my pockets for a dollar as the sign says I'll need.

"You playing?" The boy behind the stall asks, to which I nod and hand him the money.
He hands me three ping pong balls as Camila steps back to allow me the space to throw them.

"Like beer pong, right?" I joke, prompting everyone besides Camila to laugh. Instead, she quirks a brow at me with a smirk.

Shaking my head as I laugh, I adjust my stance before tossing the first ball onto the table of cups. It lands directly in the 'Prize!' cup, much to the joy of the people around me.

"Ah, I should have mentioned," The boy exclaims, "The cups labelled 'prize' give you one of these. The one that says 'grand prize' is the one for the tickets. You've still got two attempts left though." As he speaks, he points to a grid to his left, on which a variety of standard fair prizes hang.

"Which do you want, gorgeous?" I ask the woman in a hushed tone, watching as she blushes while scanning the choices.

"You don't have to give me one."

"I know." I nod, "Which one do you want?"

After a moment, she points to the top left of the grid, uttering, "Banana."

"The banana, please," I repeat so the boy can hear, chuckling as he hands it to me. When I give it to my girlfriend, she thanks me with a kiss on the cheek, making me smile giddily for a moment.

Then, I return to the task at hand, tossing the other balls and getting both in the 'Grand Prize!' cup, the second bouncing around for a moment before finally falling into the plastic cup.