Not Far Enough

I maybe should've waited longer but I couldn't!! Normal-sized chapter, more-than-normal sized progress being made... 👀Enjoy!

Cabello: Come early to school tomorrow?

I frown as I look down at the text. It's 10 o'clock now, and the text doesn't come with any context. I pull my pyjama shorts on before climbing into bed, still frowning at the message.

Should I ask why?

Me: What time?

Apparently not. Damn, I'm already whipped as fuck. I never want to get up early, never mind for another person.

The reply comes through quickly.

Cabello: I'll be there at six

...

The next day, I yawn widely and wave goodbye to Mama, who's always up early when working from home.

"Where are you going?" She asks, and I ponder my answer for a moment.

"School." I explain, "Extra tutoring, I guess."

She nods and waves back over her computer screens, "See you later, sweetie."

I nod and head out of the front door. I have no idea what to expect when I get to school, and I have no idea why I'm going, but I know that if it's Camila, I might just do anything.

...

The last thing I expected, though, is what happens. I barely open her classroom door before I'm tugged inside. The rest of the school is pretty much empty. The nurses and counsellors aren't even here yet. The only classroom light on in her hallway is hers, but as soon as the door is closed behind me, it's turned off. There's a dim lamp on her desk, but the rest of the room is plunged into darkness. I gasp in shock and confusion as I'm pressed against the door, and it takes me a moment to realise it's Camila against me. Unfortunately, within that moment, my defence instincts kick in and I send a knee to her stomach.

"Oh, shit!" I yell as she hisses, bending over a little and clutching at her abdomen, "I'm so sorry! I thought-"

"It's okay." She nods, her voice breathy, but I still feel bad.

"God, I'm so stupid." I hiss quietly, and she chuckles as she stands back up.

"No, you're not." She corrects me, and it's only now that her clutching-stomach-hand raises to join the other that I realise they're resting delicately on either side of my neck. The heat of the room rapidly rises, and my next apology comes out barely above a whisper.

"Sorry."

"Don't be, Y/n. It didn't even hurt me. It just... surprised me." She shakes her head softly. I admit, the warmth present in her tone and those beautiful deep brown eyes make me melt into the door.

"No, I'm sorry for taking it too far yesterday. And for if I made you feel uncomfortable. That wasn't my intention."

She chuckles again, a little deeper this time, and I feel her slender fingers curve around to the back of my neck, slightly toying with the baby hairs there.

"Y/n..." her breath is hot against my face, "You didn't take it far enough."

All of a sudden, my dreams come true. Soft, precious lips press themselves against the corner of mine, and I gasp at the tightness in my stomach.

Automatically, my hands reach for her waist and I pull her farther against me, but she removes her lips from my face.

I almost whimper at the loss of contact, grateful that it's almost.

She smirks, her face still inches from mine, and I feel a wave of arousal pulse through me. My forefingers form claws in her belt loops, my thumbs run along her warm hips under her shirt, and she bites her lip.

God damn, why is she so perfect?

"This is so wrong, Y/n." She says, moving her gaze to the floor as her smirk shrinks.

"I know." I nod, "But... Camila, I think that's part of what makes it feel so right."

She looks back up at me with hope in her expression, and I know it's dancing behind my own eyes too.

"I told myself I wouldn't do this." She shakes her head, her eyes dipping to my parted lips for a second.

"I promised myself you would." I return quickly, making her laugh softly, more of a breath to be fair.

"We have an hour and a half before the first period." She points out, and I hum and tug on her jeans again. Skinny white jeans; a sin.

"Tell me when to stop," I whisper, leaning into her once more. I rest our foreheads together, our breaths mingling for a moment, before I slowly connect our lips in a cautious, tentative kiss.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I'm properly kissing her. Fuck!

Adrenaline disguises itself as butterflies and they soar throughout my body. I'm lightheaded by the time she pulls away, only to tilt her head and interlock our lips again.

"Let's not let this ruin our relationship as a teacher and student." She whispers when we finally pause enough to catch our breath. I feel my heart sink at the reminder, but nod.

She pecks my lips once more before looking down at the floor.

"I shouldn't have done this." She sighs. I have a feeling she's thinking out loud, but her guilty tone kills me.

"I'm glad you did." I reassure her, dipping my head down to see her face, "I'm so glad you did, Ms. Cabello."

A tiny grin forms on her lips and a bell rings, signalling that the school is now officially open to students and that any teachers should be expecting arrivals any time now.

"I guess I gotta go." I say with a disappointed tone, and she brings one of her hands up to my cheek and runs her thumb along my cheekbone slowly, a smile spreading as she does so.

"I guess so." She whispers, and we kiss again because we can't bear not to... or at least that's why I do.

"See you later, Ms. Cabello." I smirk.

"Can't wait, Y/n." She winks and pats my shoulder comfortingly before letting me leave.

The first thing I do when I'm, unfortunately, outside of that classroom, is change her contact name in my phone with shaky hands and a giddy smile on my face. It's cheesy, but all of a sudden that's all I'm living for.

Contact name changed to: Camila 😘😍
Save | Discard