Cookies

"Hey, what's u-" Cara doesn't have a chance to finish before I'm pulling her into my house.

"We're baking cookies," I inform her and drag her to the kitchen, all while she questions what the hell I'm on.

"Nothing." I answer, turning around with a smile but quickly turning it into a frown, "You know how to bake cookies, right?"

"Well, we can google it I guess." She shrugs and I nod, tossing my phone at her as I start looking around the kitchen for things we'll probably need.

"Why are you so desperate to bake cookies all of a sudden?" She questions as she starts searching for a recipe, and I freeze as I think of an excuse.

"No reason." I end up saying in a voice far too high pitched to sound normal, and she sighs and shrugs.

"Sure... We don't need any of those things." She announces, pointing at the pans and pots I got out of the cupboard, "Here, you won't know what these are."

"Rude." I tease but step out of the way for her to get some other utensils and the ingredients out.

"I brought you some cookies, Ca- Ms Cabello," I announce breathily the next day as I walk in late because a group of girls had tried stopping me from getting to class. Normally, I'd accept their offers, but not today. Not for this class.

"If you're trying to bribe me out of giving you a tardy slip, it won't work." She says with some sarcasm in her voice, and I look around to see lots of the other students looking up at me. As my eyes fall on each of them, though, they slowly look away, probably not wanting to get caught staring at me in case they get on my bad side.

"That's not what I'm trying to do," I explain as I sit down and slide the tub of cookies across my desk onto hers.

"Then what?" Her tone is quieter now as she opens the tub and nods approvingly, quickly taking one of the baked goods out.

"Apologising," I explain, leaning over and winking with the last half of the sentence, "but don't tell anyone."

She takes a cautious bite and instantly her eyes roll back in her head and she lets out a little moan, and I think I'm pregnant now.

"Apology accepted." She grins, covering her mouth with the back of her hand because she's still got a mouthful of cookie, and I smile back.

"Good." I nod, looking around briefly for something to do since everyone else has some sort of assignment.

She jumps into action and hands me a worksheet, along with a packet that has a PowerPoint printed on it.

"Read that over and then finish the worksheet by the end of class." She instructs and I nod as I get started, looking up at her with a mischievous look to see her already digging into a second chocolate chip cookie.

Then my phone buzzes and it's a text from Cara.

Cara:
Ohhhh so that's what they were for 👀😂 you've got it so bad

I throw her a smirk over my shoulder before continuing to work.

"Did you make those yourself?" Camila asks right as I'm about to pack up to leave, the bell having just rung.

"With some help, yeah." I reply, dropping my water bottle and pencil case into my bag.

"They're really good." She comments, and I smirk as I stand up and walk a little closer to her desk.

"I'm glad you think so. How many did you have?" I question, spotting a bit of chocolate on the side of her mouth. I want to rub it off, but I hold myself back until she gives me further confirmation of what I've been thinking, that she likes me back.

"Too many." She replies and looks up from her computer at me.

"Too many cookies? Not possible." I joke, taking one from the tub and holding it out to her, but she shakes her head.

"No, really. I'm fine." She chuckles but I'm not having it.

I snap the cookie in half and bite into one of them, and she sighs and trails her eyes down my outstretched arm and up to my eyes. There's a strange twinkle in hers, but I shrug and take another bite of my half, waving hers around a tad.

Slowly, but fast enough for it to surprise me, she closes her mouth around the food still in my hand and bites the end off with a crunch, before coming back for the rest. I rapidly glance over my shoulder to see the door closed before leaning forwards and finally getting that chocolate from the corner of her mouth with my finger, only for her to chase my finger and gently wrap her lips around it. Shit! What's she doing? What am I doing? How really cares? This feels... right, no matter how 'wrong' it is.

She sucks the chocolate off of my finger and lets go with a small 'pop', blushing lightly. That's a pretty sight.

"What was that for?" I question, and she just winks and waves me off.

"You're going to be late for class." She reminds me and I curse before grabbing my things and running to the door, tossing the rest of my half of the cookie into my mouth. Mr What's-his-name warned me yesterday that if I was late again, he'll send me straight to ISS for a week, meaning I won't be able to see Camila for that long.

Once I reach the classroom door, though, I turn around to see her chin on her fist as she watches me leave.

"See you tomorrow, Camila." I smile, and she nods slightly.

"See ya, Y/n."

An: ooohh here we go. Everything will start picking up more quickly now.

I love hearing from you guys! Honestly your comments usually make my day 💕

How are you liking this book?
Do you have any ideas for where it could/should go?

Hope you enjoy and thanks for reading!