3. Communication

I shift slightly as I feel someone poking my cheek. "Baby its time to wake up", my mother calls. My eyes flutter open to see my mother sitting beside me. "Did you sleep well?", she asks. I nod and brush my fingers through my hair to make it less messy. "Yu is making breakfast so come down once you're ready". I nod and watch as she exits the room. I look up and stare at the ceiling, its strange seeing my mother in the morning like this. Father liked to come in and wake me up but as I got older I learned to wake up before he came in so I would be ready for his arrival. I could hear his voice at the back of my mind. "Darling its time to wake up". I quickly sat up and looked around my room, a scowl present on my face. Once I realised I had imagined the voice I relaxed. I take a deep breath and slip out of bed, making my way towards my suitcase for some fresh clothes. 

Ten minutes passed by and I was making my way down stairs to see my mother sitting at the kitchen table, smiling and laughing with her sister. Yu looks up and smiles at me. "Come and have a seat", she says sweetly. I nod and take a seat beside my mother. Yu smiles at the two of us lovingly. "You look a lot like your mother". I nod and turn my head towards my mother. It was true, you did look a lot like her. You had her (h/c) hair and most of her features but the thing that stood out were your (e/c) eyes. They were your father's, you remembered the malicious glint in his large (e/c) eyes, it disgusted you every time you looked int he mirror. "She is quite a beautiful girl, just like you were older sister", Yu says, looking you up and down. Your face heats up slightly. Yu leans forward and pinches your cheek. "And she's so cute too, she'll have a boyfriend in no time". My mother's face heats up too and she giggles. "I suppose but I'm not sure (Y/n) is ready for something like that...", she trails off. She thinks I know nothing about the outside world but she is wrong, I know quite a lot. Father had an entire library full of books, everything sorted out into categories. I know what is real and what is fake, I studied the same subjects as every other kid just in a more contained environment. I'm strong, a lot stronger than a lot of the 'heroes' around here. I remembered what Stain Onii-san said to me, how the word hero has lost its meaning because it is over used and people exploit it for popularity, vanity and money. I despise people like that, not caring for the people they save and only seeing the material benefits.

"(Y/n) never really communicated with anyone beside her father and I". I understand what she means, I can't and won't be able to understand others. I look at my mother and notice that she looks a little upset. Yu is quite the opposite, she's smiling and laughing. "Lighten up sis, she'll get the hang of communication, its all about the practice. Now (Y/n)! What kind of boys do you like?", she asks. I stare at her blankly. "How would that benefit me?", you question. Yu sighs and stands up. She hands you a piece of paper with a few words on it. "Ten minutes down the street is a store, go and get these items". You take the list and some money from her, then walk out the front door.

Mother looks at Yu with an unsure expression. "Are you sure she should be going out by herself?". Yu nods and gives her older sister a confident smile. "Of course, she'll be ok and lets hope she meets a cute boy on the way!", she squeals. Her older sister sweat drops and stares out the window, watching your retreating figure. 

I walk down the street, passing many different houses. It was something I found somewhat interesting. Since I had been living in the same house for my whole life I wasn't too familiar with the architecture. Suddenly I hear a loud meow. I turn my head and see a small white cat looking up at me. I bend down and gently pet its head. It nuzzles its head into my hand and pushes itself up so it can lick your cheek. I bite my lip as my cheeks tense once again. "I'm sorry", I whisper, standing up and beginning to walk away. But the cat wasn't leaving, it followed me all the way to store. I watched the cat behind me as it walked by my feet. I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into someone. I tried to take a step back to regain my balance but the cat got in the way and I fell backwards, landing on my but. I look up to see a pale boy with messy purple hair. "Are you alright?", he asks. You nod your head and pull yourself up, the cat rubbed itself against your legs. You bow to the boy and make your way into the store. You wished to apologize properly to him but something within you stopped you from speaking. 

I love this story already and it has barely started. You've come in contact with Shinso but what will happen next? Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD