64. Times up

The train and bus ride went by faster than you had expected and before you knew it you were already at school. You entered the building and made your way towards your classroom. Opening the door you noticed the lack of students. The only one there was Iida, when he heard the door open he looked over at you, a surprised expression on his face.

"Good morning, Takeyama," he greets. You send him a nod before heading to your desk and sitting down.

"Today is the day of the sports festival, do you think you're ready?" You didn't really know how to respond so you looked down at your hands as they fidgeted in your lap.

"Yeah, I'm ready," you answer in a quiet voice. Looking over at his desk, you see him smiling before taking a book from his bag and opening it.

"Good, try your hardest, okay," he continued, now beginning to read, adjusting his glasses every so often. You were respectful of Iida for not trying to get information out of you, it was nice to have someone around who wasn't constantly harassing you.

"Iida," You call out into the almost empty classroom. He looked up from his book, his eyes drifting over to you. You didn't bother turning around, instead, you stared straight ahead.

"Yes, Takeyama?" he responds. You let out a long breath before turning to him, a friendly smile on your face.

"I think you're a great class president." His eyes widened at the statement.

"Takeyama, what are you talking about?" You could tell that you were confusing him, it's not even like you understood what you were talking about either. Today you just felt like telling everyone in class how much they meant to you and how appreciative you were that they accepted you. You shook your head, a quiet sigh escaping your lips.

"It's nothing really. I just wanted to let you, I mean we don't have that long until we'll all have to leave and go our separate ways," you explain.

"But this is only the beginning of our first year, we still have the rest of the year and then two more." You hum in response, leaning back in your chair to stare up at the ceiling.

"I know that, but it'll go a lot faster than we expect it to." When you finished, the room fell silent. It didn't seem like Iida could come up with a response. He opened his mouth to speak only to be interrupted by the door slamming open. Bakugou enters, looking as irritated as usual. He approaches your desk and reaches forward to flick your forehead.

"Two weeks are up, loser," he smirks before heading to his desk. You watched as he sat down, kicking his feet up with the sole purpose of annoying the class president. Iida rushes to his side, immediately scolding the boy. It didn't take long before the other students started to arrive and even though they saw you sitting alone, none bothered to ask any questions. Today was a day where you didn't have to worry, everyone was so preoccupied with how the sports festival would turn out, now you weren't their priority. With your earphones resting in your ears, you listened to music to pass the time. You found this to be your only way to relax in class and with it you would be able to forget everything that was troubling you. It hurt to think about the possibility of being taken away, you had grown fond of your classmates, even those which you had barely spoken too.

When you noticed Aizawa-sensei enter the room, you stopped the music and slipped your phone into your bag. He remained quiet for a moment before addressing the class and giving them instructions. Apparently, the stadium where the sports festival was to be held was outside of the school grounds, the other students already seemed to know but it was news to you. You were then given permission to leave the classroom and change into your gym uniform, when you were all finished you would have to meet up out front in order to catch a bus to the stadium.

You changed quickly, not wasting a second. Since a majority of those who hadn't given up on you were girls, there was more of a chance that they would ask questions while you were alone with them in the changing rooms. You finished first and headed towards the bus, not waiting for any of the girls. It seemed like most of the boys were already done and taking their seats on the bus. You walked up to the door, making brief eye contact with Aizawa before you boarded. Most of the boys were talking about what kind of events they thought would be in the sports festival, from what you could hear, apparently the first two are randomly generated while the final is a one on one battle. It seemed like they knew a lot about the festival, it was known worldwide after all.

Walking down the bus, you noticed an empty seat next to the window. You quickly claimed it, not noticing bakugou sitting in the seat behind. He had been resting his eyes but opened them when he heard you sit down. He leaned forward and peeked over the seat, smirking when he realised it was you. Throwing his bag over the seat and onto the ground next to you, he moved to the empty seat next to you.

"Don't think you're off the hook, nerd, and don't start thinking that we're friends either." You turn your face and meet his gaze.

"You don't have to sit here, I'm sure Kirishima would sit next to me if you moved," you replied. He seemed angered by your comment. Huffing, he folded his arms, slouching in his seat while glaring at the chair in front of him. It reminded you of hanging out with him and the rest of his squad, the memory made you giggle. This caught his attention, making him turn to you.

"What do you think you're laughing at, loser?!" he growls, loud enough for everyone else on the bus to hear. You shook your head, placing your hand over your mouth to silence your laughter.

"Nothing, Bakugou. You're attracting everyone's attention, you should be quieter," you add, still finding it difficult to stop laughing. He looks around, sending each person a glare. Kirishima and Kaminari enter the bus and take the seats in front of you, leaving Sero to sit alone on the other side with the aisle separating him from Bakugou. Both, the red and yellow-haired boys smiled back at you before starting a conversation of their own.

Midoriya entered the bus and walked to his friends who were sitting further back. While walking past, he caught your gaze, a frightened expression on his face when he noticed a resting Bakugou sitting by your side. To calm his nerves, you sent him a soft smile. It seemed to have a different effect, instead of calmed, he looked surprised. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he remembered the explosive boy was sitting beside you. As a response, he sent you an awkward smile and wave. You liked Midoriya, he was a very determined and hard-working person, you found him to be very admirable. Sure, Bakugou didn't like him and just because the two of you were somewhat friends didn't mean you wouldn't give the broccoli boy a chance. It was a bit late now, you wish that you hadn't gone to the USJ so that no one knew of your quirk. If they didn't know then they wouldn't try and ask questions about it, all you wanted was to be their friends but you were afraid of what would happen if they found out who you truly were.

Overall, you knew that you were (Y/n) Takeyama, but people in this society always seemed to jump to conclusions based on quirks and relations. It was like that for Hitoshi, that's why it stood out to you so much. He told you about people thinking his quirk was one which would suit a villain and so people would keep their distance. Sure, he had some friends in middle school, but they all thought the same thing. Even if he was the nicest boy in the world, he would always have a villain's quirk.

These thoughts about Hitoshi made you remember that you would see him today, he was participating in the sports festival as well. You didn't regret what you had said to him in front of your class either, you just hoped that he didn't take offence in it. Even though you had kept your distance to the other students in your class, you still cared deeply for them. They were the first group of people who accepted you even if you started off not knowing how to communicate properly. You smiled softly as you closed your eyes, leaning your head back against your seat. You were still somewhat tired since you had been out late last night, training harder than you usually would. It was all for today, strength was absolutely necessary.

Sorry, I haven't updated much recently. I've had a lot of school work which I needed to finish so I had barely any spare time. I'm really excited for the events to come, I hope you enjoyed the chapter as well. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD