4. Marshmallows

You look down at the list and read the neat writing. Milk, bread, sugar, flour and something small for myself. I walk around the store grabbing all the necessary items before searching for my 'small item'. I have been given the choice to choose something and I wasn't too sure what I wanted to get. I look down a narrow aisle to see that the shelves are lined with many variations of sweets. I look over the many different types and grab a bag of what was apparently cat shaped marshmallows. I bought the items and left the store with a full bag. Outside was the boy and the cat, both turned and looked at me as I walked away. I didn't bother sparing them a single glance, I didn't want to do anything wrong.

Five minutes past as I walked and I felt something brush up against my leg. I stopped and looked down to see the white cat. It meowed up at me and licked my exposed calf. I shuddered at the abnormal feeling of its sand paper tongue on my skin. The boy seemed to be following me too, I turn around and meet his purple eyes. "Why are you following me?", you ask, showing no emotion whatsoever. He sends me a small amused smile. "I'm not following you, I'm following the cat". You inspected his face to see if you could find any hint of emotion but you were drawing blanks. You turned around and kept walking, looking back to see that the cat and boy were still following you. You found a park and walked over to it, taking a seat on a park bench. The cat jumped up beside you and nuzzled into your arm. You reached over and pet its head gently. The purple haired boy sat on the other side of the cat and began to pet it. The was a moment of awkward silence before you decided to speak. "Is this your cat?", you ask. He shakes his head. You give him a confused look and glance down at the cat who purrs loudly due to the boy's gentle touch. "They say his name is Tsuki, he doesn't belong to anyone. He just hangs around this neighborhood". I nod and watch as the cat stands up and stretches before pawing at the plastic bag in my hand. I open the bag and look inside. "There's nothing in here for you", I say to the cat even though I know he can't respond. I reach into the bag and pull out the sweets I bought. The boy chuckles upon seeing them. You look up at him and tilt your head to the side in confusion. "What is it?", you ask. He points to the sweets. You lift them up and open the bag, pulling out a pink cat-shaped marshmallow. You inspect it closely, squeezing it gently between your fingers and thumb. "Have you never had marshmallows before?", he asks with amusement in his voice. You nod. "Try it", he says. You hesitantly lift the marshmallow to your mouth and place it on your tongue. The sudden sweet taste sends heat to your cheeks. "Do you like it?", he asks. You nod your head, causing him to let out a quiet chuckle. It was silent as you ate one marshmallow after the other until the packet was empty. "Those went quick". You nod and sigh as you tip the bag upside down, having nothing falling out.  You pout slightly and watch as someone runs out onto the road, looking around. As they got closer you realized that person was your mother. You stand up and look down at the boy and the cat. "I'm sorry but I have to go now", you say, beginning to walk away. But before you could go the boy caught your wrist. "Can I at least know your name?", he asks. I nod. "My name is (Y/n) Takeyama", I say, taking my mother's last name rather than my fathers. "Well I'm Hitoshi Shinso, just call me Shinso". I nod and wave goodbye to him and the cat, Tsuki. "Goodbye Shinso-kun". "Bye (Y/n)", he waves as he watches you walk away.

Hitoshi's POV

"What a strange girl", I murmur as I watch her retreating figure approach a tall (h/c) haired woman in the distance. Tsuki let out a needy meow, catching my attention. I look down at the small cat and gently pat his head. He jumps off the seat and nudges a small plastic bag, it was the one (Y/n) was carrying earlier. I let out a sigh and pick up the bag, heading in the direction (Y/n) had gone in. "Looks like we're seeing her again sooner than we thought", I say, looking down at Tsuki. The small white cat just purrs quietly and follows me in the direction (Y/n) went.

Something adorable I learned when looking at Shinso's wiki is that he loves cats which is soooo cute. If you search for fan art of him it comes up with heaps of pictures of him and cats! I can not breathe this is too adorable. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm gonna go off and watch the latest episode of pop team epic. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD