20. Jealousy

Hitoshi's POV
I looked up from my book to see (Y/n) walking out of her house with a raven-haired boy by her side. I returned to my book and glanced up just as he sneakily slipped his arm around her waist. She didn't seem bothered by it but then he leaned in and kissed her forehead. It was strange to see her looking so shocked. "Aw come on, (Y/n)!", the guy calls after her as she runs off. I sigh and close my book, heading back inside. I don't have time for this.

Your POV
You kept running, not stopping until you reached the park. You sat down on a bench, hugging your knees to your chest. Suddenly Kuro appeared in front of you, a smirk on his face. "Hey, cheer up it was just a joke". You refuse to look up at him. He lets out a sigh and sits beside you, crossing his right leg over his left. "It's strange to see you like this, y'know. You never really used to show emotions and here you are, crying and getting angry, even smiling a couple of times". You don't bother responding. "You know that I'm stuck with you for the rest of your life so I don't want you being mad at me forever. I guess I just got a little excited when I got my first chance to protect you. Since you're my master I've gotta do whatever I can to make you happy. I just thought that if he got jealous he would realize just how lucky he was to have you. Then maybe he would've come back to you cause I know that you love him". You let out a quiet sigh and rest your head on Kuro's shoulder. "It's fine, I guess I overreacted a little bit too". He stands up and pulls you with him. "Come on then, your mother wanted us to get some stuff, right?". You nod. "Yeah, let's keep going".

It didn't take long before you reached the store, letting Kuro wander off by himself as you went your own way. You looked down at the list and began grabbing everything that was written down. Bread, milk, butter, eggs. Once you have everything you reached the checkout and watched the cashier scan the items, placing them in a bag for you. They asked for the money and you handed them the correct amount before taking your stuff and leaving. 

Once you were outside you sighed at the sight of Kuro leaning up against the wall where you had seen Hitoshi the first time you came to the shop. In his hand was an open bag of cat-shaped marshmallows. You walked over to him and glared. "Where did you get those? You better have payed for them". He smirks and moves close to your face, challenging you. "So what if I didn't?". You let out an irritated sigh and begin walking home with him trailing behind you. He eventually caught up and took a marshmallow from the bag, prodding your lips with it. "Come on, you know you want one". You turn your face away only for him to jump in front of you. "Aw, cheer up. It's one bag, they won't miss it". You huffed and sent another glare. "It's still stealing". He shrugs his shoulders. "What are they gonna do? Throw me in jail? I'm a shadow spirit, they'd have a hard time catching me". 

You try to step around him but he moves in your way again. "Cheer up, have one". He shoves the bag in your face. You push it away, almost causing him to drop it. "Hey, be careful". You keep trying to get around him but he won't move out of the way. "I thought that I was your master, aren't you supposed to listen to me?", you ask. He nods. "Yeah but I don't really follow the rules". You look down at the stolen sweets and sigh. "I can see that". You eye the bag and try to reach in only for him to pull it away. "I thought you wanted me to have one". He shrugs his shoulders and holds one up to your face. "Nah, I wanna feed it to you". "What?". "Just open up, you don't hate me that much, do you?". You give in and let him put it in your mouth. "See, it wasn't that hard, was it?".

Five minutes later Kuro sighed as he tipped the bag upside down only to have nothing fall out. "Wow, you finished those fast". He looks over at you and notices the bright red blush covering your cheeks. He chuckles and pets your head. "I can see why that Hitoshi guy likes you, you're cute when you're flustered". You ignore him and continue walking down the street towards his house. Kuro chuckled once more, gathering your attention. "What is it?", you question. He glances at the house across the street from yours, seeing the purple-haired boy sitting beside the window. "Nothing". Kuro makes eye contact with Hitoshi, sending him a small smirk.

I had this chapter already written so I put it up today because I didn't have time to write. I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD