79. Love

You hid the remainder of you marshmallow kitties before running outside to the police car that beeped loudly. Opening the passenger door, you were immediately greeted by the kind smile of Mr. Tsukauchi.

"Good morning, (L/n)-san," he greets. You nod in response.

"Thank you for picking me up, I really appreciate you taking me to the hospital." He chuckles as he pulls away from the house and begins driving towards your destination.

"It's nothing really. There's a train station close to the hospital so you could always take that but since you're under our protection for the time being, I'd prefer taking you. "

"You never explained why I'm under the police's protection," you say, turning to the dark haired male as he continued driving, his eyes on the road.

"It's nothing serious, since there are people against you we thought it would be smarter to keep you somewhere else. Someone might follow you home or find out your address and I don't want to endanger you. It's not that you can't take care of yourself, the civilians are very on edge about this all so I think it's best that we wait until the press conference has passed so everything it cleared up," he explains. You hum in understanding, you didn't want to hurt. People act irrationally when their emotions get the best of them.

For the majority of the car ride, you remained silent and looked out the window. It was rare going in a car, the reason for that being that there wasn't one at your aunt's house.

Watching the scenery go by, you noticed that you were in the neighborhood which the hospital was in. The large building came into view, as you drew closer you couldn't help but smile. You wanted to see your father. Sure, people had told you that he was alright but you needed to see it for yourself.

Tsukauchi pulled up in front of the hospital and turned to you, smiling kindly once again.

"Thank you again, Mr. Tsukauchi," you say, bowing your head. He chuckles.

"It's fine, now I'll be back in an hour or so. I'll come in once I'm back." You send him a grateful smile before opening the door and leaving the car.

The hospital was smaller than the one you had been staying in when you woke up the previous day, but that was only because it specialized in mental health. You entered through the front doors and greeted the receptionist with a smile.

"Excuse me, I'm here to-" You were immediately cut off when she jumped out of her seat, an excited expression on her face.

"To see your father, right? You're the fallen angel!" she announces, gathering the attention of a few doctors and nurses who were tending to people in the waiting room. With all attention on you, you gave a small, awkward nod.

"Uh, yes." She sits back down on her chair and types quickly into her computer before returning her gaze to you.

"He's on the second floor, in room 46. I'll have someone escort you up there to open the doors and keep watch, it's a security thing," she laughs. She spoke at a fast pace, sometimes you found it difficult to understand what she was saying, especially when she started ranting about watching your fight on TV. You nodded along, hoping that she would hurry up and call someone to take you up.

"Thank you," you but in, hoping that it she would figure out that you had limited time and needed to make the most of it. Pausing her story, she noticed how on edge you were.

"Oh, sorry for talking for so long. You probably want to go see your dad, I'll just cut to the point. It was really inspiring seeing you fight a battle everyone thought you would lose. You got hurt but every time you stood back up and kept going. My younger brother is scared of his own quirk because of what people say about it, how it's villainous and such. I just wanted to say thank you, you owned everything and won, he's a lot happier and now proud of his quirk." You smiled down at the seated woman, enjoying the warmth that filled your chest. Hearing that made you feel good, you had felt the same when reading the letters sent to you by the public. Sure, some were hateful but a majority were supportive and thankful. You didn't even need to answer before she picked up the phone and called for someone to take you, she understood that you weren't someone who spoke much.