57. Friends

"What the fuck are we doing here?", Bakugou spits, letting his eyes wander the reserve with furrowed eyebrows. Kuro chuckles and flicks the explosive teenager's forehead.

"This is where (Y/n) trains", Kuro explains, glancing in your direction. You stood awkwardly behind him while the boys explored.

"Wow, this place is amazing", Kirishima gawks, letting his eyes survey one of the tallest trees. You watched the boys walk around, jumping slightly when Kuro pushed you forward so you were visible to everyone.

"Show them", he says. Even though it was an order he said it with a calming smile. Kirishima, Kaminari, Bakugou and Sero noticed you standing in between them all, confused as to what you were doing. You sighed and slipped your hoodie over your head, leaving you in only a singlet. They blushed brightly but you paid no mind to it. You shivered gently as a gentle breeze stroked your exposed skin. You felt the tension in your back and let out a quiet sigh as you released your wings.

They all stared in awe as your wingspan blocked the sun out, leaving them cast in shadows. After a thorough stretching, you tucked them in, leaving them in a resting position. You flinched as something touched one. Kaminari ran his fingers down the feathers, meeting your gaze as you turned to look at him.

"How come you hide them?", he asks. You look to the ground, shifting the dirt with your foot. You wanted to explain but you found it difficult.

"It's got something to do with Lady Angel, right?", Kirishima interjects. Your eyes widened, not expecting to hear anything along the lines of that. You gave a small nod. Kirishima chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"After you mentioned her I did a little research, I had heard of her before but only as the missing hero. She disappeared 17 years ago...", he trailed off, not too sure if what he was saying held any importance. You hid your face, not ready to confront all of this so soon. It was too much for you at the moment but the comforting feeling of Kuro's hand on your shoulder helped you relax.

You looked up, meeting his dark eyes. He smiled again, he seemed to do that a lot today. It was as if he was a completely different person. Protective, empathetic, happy, loyal, comforting, it was such a big leap from his old self. It happened after the hospital when he told you about your grandmother. The thought of him having to watch the closest person to him die pained you, you couldn't help but feel sorry for him. But that was something you hated, sympathy was something you despised. You didn't want anyone to feel sorry for you and when people did it made you feel small and defenceless, like an aware baby. You took a deep breath before asking a question.

"How old am I?", you ask the boys, receiving raised eyebrows.

"What do you me-".

"Answer the question", you mutter emotionlessly, cutting Kirishima off.

"You're 15, right? Turning 16 this year", Sero asks. You nod your head.

"And how long does a pregnancy last?". Kaminari stared at you in confusion.

"What does that have to do with anything?". You sent him a glare which immediately made him shut up.

"9 months", Bakugou mutters quietly yet loud enough for all of you to hear.

"And now with the power of basic addition figure it out", Kuro laughs, placing his hand on your shoulder. Feeling the stiffness of your body he awkwardly pulls away, sliding his hand in his pockets. He pokes his head over your shoulder and inspects your face, your eyes glued to the ground. It didn't take long before Bakugou understood what you were trying to say, not knowing how to react he huffed and folded his arms like a moody child.