28. I'm sorry

You lifted the fork to your mouth, savouring the sweet flavor of the cake. "Do you like it?", your mother asks. You nod, slowing chewing it before swallowing. "Yes, thank you, mother". Her smile widens. "I'm glad, also Yu called to tell me that she'll be working late tonight, she won't be back until later". You look up at her, examining the happy expression on her face. How could you lie to her? How could you break her trust? Kuro noticed your internal distress. "Just relax, I know it's hard to lie to her but this is what you have to do to become stronger". You discreetly nod and stand up, your chair making a loud noise as it rubbed against the wooden floor of the dinning room. "Aren't you going to finish your cake?", you mother asks. You shake your head. "I'm sorry, I'm not feeling hungry anymore". Her soft smile returns as she gets up and takes your plate to the kitchen. You push in your chair and look up at your mother as she re-enters the room. "What are we gonna do now, sweetie? Do you want to watch some TV or maybe play a board game?", she asks hopefully. You grit your teeth as you look down at your feet. "I have some homework I need to finish and then I'll be heading to bed". You turn around and head to the stairs. "So early?". You pause and nod, awaiting her response. "O-Okay, I'll see you in the morning". You continue up the stairs. "Good night".

You enter your room and flop face first onto your bed. "What's up with you?", Kuro asks, taking a seat on your night stand. You turn your face towards him, sending him a glare. "I can't believe it, I can't believe I'm actually going to listen to you and disobey my mother", you mutter. Kuro gets up and sits beside you, pushing your hair out of your face. "Cheer up, just go to sleep and I'll wake you when your mother and aunt are asleep". You give a slow nod and close your eyes as they gloss over, a single tear managing to slip out. "Mother, I'm sorry".

Timeskip

Your eyes flutter open as you feel someone shaking your shoulders. "(Y/n), it's time to go". You look up at the raven-haired boy, tempted to just ignore him and go back to sleep. Instead, you sit up and rub your tired eyes, slowing getting out of bed. Kuro points to the end of your bed where he has laid out clothing for you. "I've got everything ready, we'll leave soon". You nod and stand up, quickly changing into the clothing. A black singlet, hoodie and leggings accompanied by a pair of black combat boots. "Black will be harder to see during the night, it'll also help you blend in with the shadows". Kuro walks over to your window and pushes it open. "Come on, let's go". You follow him and climb out onto the roof, closing the window before sliding down to the gutters. You look out at your surroundings, noticing the light on in Hitoshi's bedroom. He was sitting at the desk which faced his window, looking down. He must've been studying. You couldn't help but just stand there on the roof, watching him. Then he looked up, his tired eyes locking onto your dark figure standing on the roof. His eyes widened a little. He rubbed them before looking up, you were gone. 

You groaned as you hit the ground, landing on top of Kuro. "What the hell was that for?", you hiss. He glares at you, grabbing your wrist as he pulls you down the street. "We don't have time for this shit, hurry up". You look around as the two of you run. "Where are we going?", you ask. He doesn't answer, he just keeps running until you reach the nature reserve which Hitoshi had taken you to. "Why are we here?", you ask, looking around at the familiar environment. "This is the only place you can train your quirks, no one really comes here there is plenty of space to practice". He then grabs the bottom of your hoodie and yanks it over your head. "Wings out". "W-what are you d-". "Didn't you hear me? I said wings out", he growls, frustration evident on his face. "Why do I need my wings out?", you argue. He sighs and turns your hoodie the right way before tying it around your waist. "Well how else are we supposed to get there?".

Well shit. Hope you liked it :3 I wanted to put Hitoshi in more because this story is about the two of you after all. Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD