63. Thank you for everything

Two weeks past by faster than you had expected them to. Every day you would avoid your classmates and sit alone in the music room for lunch. Tokoyami did stop by a few times but after a couple of days, he stopped. You knew that you had been shutting everyone out but this was the easiest way to do things. It was hard for you, especially when your new found emotions hit. You felt sadness, not only because you had to push everyone away but that they all started to give in. Sometimes you could tell that you were being ignored, you acted like it didn't affect you at all, it was hard to admit that it actually did. But there were still some who never gave up and with every opportunity they got, they would try to get your attention. They were mainly Mina, Hagakure, Ochako and Midoriya. You barely knew a lot of the other students, you would've liked to get to know them all though.

Sitting up in your bed, you looked around your room. Nothing really stood out to you besides the shadow boy who lay by your side, a book in his hand. When he noticed your movement, his eyes shifted to meet yours.

"Today's the day, huh?" he says with a smile. You would've returned the gesture but found it hard to feel happy. Anyday starting from now, there was a chance that your father would come and try to take you back. It pained you to think about, you didn't want to go back, the thought made you sick. Sure, after learning a lot more about your father your hate for him had lessened but that did mean he had your forgiveness. After everything he had done to your mother and yourself, you couldn't even begin to think of forgiving him. You had different pains from your mother, but that didn't mean they weren't there. Thinking about your father made you remember the childhood you never had. You weren't allowed to play or go to school and make friends, instead, you were handed weapons and books, anything that would make you stronger and smarter. These were the things he saw as more important, you found it hard to believe that someone who cared about you more than anything would do such a thing to you. Wouldn't your happiness be his priority?

Taking a deep breath you swing your legs over the side of the bed and hesitantly get up. You didn't want to go to school today but how could you not, today was the day of the U.A sports festival. You would be able to show off your quirks, limiting it to your mother's. You didn't want to expose your father's quirk to the public in case it backfired. You had met people, associates of your father, who had become villains because of the peer pressure of the media. It frightened you, this being one of the reasons why you had become so afraid when the reporters confronted you in front U.A. Not only was there the fear of being found out by your father but also the fear of them knowing and pressuring you into a place you never would want to be in.

From there you began walking around your room, picking up everything you needed for the day ahead. You grabbed your clean gym uniform and slipped it into your bag along with your phone and a few other possessions. You go to put your father's notebook in there too but Kuro stops you.

"It's not worth the risk, your bag will be left out in the open and if someone were to go through it you would be found out," he explains. You nod in understanding, slipping the book under your pillow before resting the strap of your bag over your shoulder. Walking towards the door you look back at Kuro who remained seated on your bed.

"You coming?" you ask, raising an eyebrow at the shadow boy. He gives a quick nod before standing and disappearing. Knowing that he was following right behind you, you turned and left your room, hoping that you would be seeing it when you returned home. Descending down the stairs, you noticed Yu running around the house.

"Hikari! Do you know where my hero costume is?!" she calls to her older sister. You can hear your mother's voice call back from the kitchen.

"It should be hung up in your room, Yu!" Your aunt rushes in your direction, almost knocking you over as she runs up to her room.