65. Back to me

The bus stopped, waking you from your short nap. It seemed that bakugou had also fallen asleep, he woke up at the same time as you, looking a little startled.

"We're here," Kirishima informs, looking back at you and the explosive boy. You give a thankful nod while Bakugou grunts, sitting up to pick up his bag. Aizawa stands at the front of the bus, a bored look on his bandage-wrapped face.

"Get your stuff and follow me into the stadium. I'll take you to your preparation room and then I'll be going." Many of the students seemed confused by this, wondering why their sensei wasn't going to be there to offer his support.

"Aren't you going to watch, sensei?" Uraraka asks, her head slightly tilted to the side. He lets out a sigh before turning his back on the class and beginning to make his way to the exit.

"I'm going to be helping Present mic with the announcements so I will be watching. Anyway, use the skills you've developed so far and do your best... or something like that." He then turned and began walking away, most likely to meet up with Present mic.

You all got off the bus and were led to a room where you would wait for the sports festival to start. As soon as you entered, you sat alone and began playing on your phone. Some students made friendly conversation while others did the same as you, mentally preparing yourselves for the events to come. To remain in a calm state, you closed your eyes and took deep breaths in and out. It worked, making you feel a lot calmer. But this was ruined by the voice of someone who you didn't really know, someone who barely spoke.

It was Todoroki. He was talking to Midoriya, declaring war on him. You watched as he spoke to the green-haired boy, his voice monotone. The way he talked somehow reminded you of yourself, he wasn't as formal but he spoke with no emotion. You knew that you still did but now you could show more emotion through smiling and laughter, you were grateful to your friends for helping you with that.

Once the conversation between Todoroki and Midoriya finished, there was silence. All eyes were on them, but something odd happened. Todoroki's gaze shifted so it was directed at you. He walked towards you. You remained still, watching him approach. Once he was standing close, he no longer looked emotionless but rather angered.

"I don't know anything about you and neither does anyone else. But that won't stop me from beating you as well, you're hiding a lot and that innocent facade isn't fooling anyone," he announces, holding your gaze. Surely someone who has just been challenged will feel fired up and determined to win, you didn't feel any of that. You stood and faced him, your eyes showing no emotion whatsoever.

"Never once did I say that I came here to compete with anyone. And neither did I ever put up an innocent facade. You know nothing about me so how can you know the results of the match when it hasn't even started. There are many things I hold precious to myself and a petty victory isn't one of them." The bi-haired boy remained silent as he stared into your lifeless eyes, his own widening when he noticed a small amount of emotion slip through. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut short by the sound of knocking on the door. It opened, showing a pro hero hired to protect the students in case of any emergencies.

"The sports festival is about to start, you guys better start heading out to the stadium," they announced. You were the first to react,  walking past Todoroki to make your way towards the door.

Not a single word was uttered as you walked out into the open with the rest of your class. The large audience erupted in cheers and applause as you all made your way out into the centre of the field where the R-rated hero, Midnight, stood on a stage behind a microphone. She announced your class as you all walked out first, followed by class 1-B of the hero course as well as general studies, the business course and the support course.

There were many faces you hadn't seen before but a few that you remembered seeing around the school in the halls or cafeteria. You all stopped in front of the stage, taking a look around at the crowd which surrounded the field. You found it overwhelming since you weren't too fond of big groups of people but kept calm anyway. Taking a deep breath you watched Midnight speak, not registering anything she was saying. The only thing you picked up was Bakugou's name. From here you watched him, along with everyone else, as he made his way onto the stage to face his fellow students.

"I pledge that I will be number one," he says boredly into the microphone. You weren't too surprised by this but the other students in your class seemed pretty worked up. The stress of the situation was a lot harder to deal with than you thought it would be. You hadn't noticed it at first but you began to shake gently but not enough to be noticed, only if someone were to be looking directly at you. Hearing the soft padding of footsteps, you remained still as they drew closer. It was feeling of a larger hand holding your own which made you look back to see who it was that had come to provide you with comfort. Tired purple eyes met with your own (e/c) ones. You look down to see his hand holding your own, the feeling brought colour to your cheeks. Refusing to look back up at him, you stared down at your connected hands.

"There's no reason to be afraid, show me why you got into the hero course, okay?" he whispers. You nod your head and lean your head against his arm.

"I will and thank you," you respond quietly. He raises an eyebrow and stares down at you as you refuse to look up at him. It seemed like no one else had noticed them conversing since they were too busy watching Midnight make announcements on stage.

"Thank you? What are you thanking me for?" he asks. You let out a quiet giggle and shake your head as your emotionless state is completely overtaken by your bottled up emotions.

"Thank you for coming back to me," you whisper back. His eyes widened slightly as you turned your face upward to face him, a genuine smile on your face. It seemed that your exchange with Hitoshi wasn't as secret as you had thought it to be. Feeling eyes on the two of you, you turned your head towards the rest of your class. A few were looking back at you and Hitoshi, the girls, your Bakusquad, even Iida, Midoriya, Tokoyami and Todoroki. You slowly pulled your hand from the purple-haired boy's hand, not caring who was watching as you kissed his cheek.

"Do your best, okay?" you say. He nods his head before you're both silenced by Midnight's announcements.

"And the first event is... Obstacle race! Everyone take their places and get ready to show us what you've got!"

I needed this interaction with Hitoshi or else I would've died. I've been writing this story for ages, I've finished one chapter after this one and then finished half on the one after that. I just love it that much <3 Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD