9. My Hero

Day after day you would look out the window to see Shinso waiting for you, sitting on the fence outside his house. He would look up at your window and send a small smile, gesturing you to come down and hang out with him. Sometimes you would look out and see Tsuki with him, one time he climbed up the front of the house and sat outside on the window sill. Now you were sitting in the kitchen with your aunt and mother, eating breakfast. Your aunt was overjoyed with the idea of you having a friend who happened to be a boy. You mother... she seemed a little too anxious about it. You stand up once you're finished eating and head towards the door. "Have fun!", Yu calls. "I will". You go to open the door but stop when you feel a hand on your shoulder. You turn your head to see your mother standing behind you, an uneasy expression on her face. You turn around to completely face her and tilt your head to the side, not understanding the reasoning behind her expression. 

"What's wrong, mother?", you question. She sighs and sends you a sad smile. "(Y/n) I am very pleased that you have made a friend but I want you to be aware that not all people in the world are kind like him, I just want you to know that you can't put your trust in everyone because some people will only try to hurt you". You slowly nod and meet her gaze. "I understand, there are people in this world like Shinso, aunt Yu and you, and then there are people like father. I promise you that nothing bad will happen". Her face softens lightly as her sad smile disappears and becomes a lot more cheerful. "Be safe", she says, leaning forward to place a kiss on my forehead. "I will". She waves to me as I exit the house, walking across the street to where Shinso was standing. He looked up and smiled lightly at you. "Morning (Y/n)". "Good morning". 

Today you planned on going for a walk to a park not too far from home. Shinso had told you about it and you asked him to take you there. "How long does it take to get there?", you ask. "Hmm not long, about twenty minutes". You nod and begin looking around, you had never come this way before. 

Walking in silence you thought about the upcoming entrance exam for U.A, you hoped that you had studied enough for it. Every night you study hard to make up for not being able to train. You wished to train your body as well as your mind but your mother was against it. She didn't want anyone to see your abilities or anyone your father knew to recognize you. You look around and notice that you are arriving at the park, it was just across the road.

You took a step forward onto the road but felt yourself lose control of your body. You felt frozen but your body was still moving. It took a step back just as a car drove past, it had come from just around the corner and you hadn't noticed it. You finally felt your body return and gasped, almost falling over. Shinso caught you before you could fall, the strange moment hadn't scared you but left you confused. "What was that?", you ask. You look up to see him refusing to look you in the eye. "I-I'm sorry, I used my quirk on you". You stared at him as he rambled about the car and how he didn't have time to pull you out of the way. Before he could finish you hug him. His eyes widen slightly. "W-what are you d-". "Thank you", you interrupt. You pull away and notice his cheeks tinted a light pink. "So you're not mad I used my quirk on you?", he asks. You shake your head. "You saved me, why would I be mad? I know you wouldn't use your quirk to hurt others unless they were doing something wrong. Shinso, remember that I trust you". He slowly nods and runs his fingers through his hair. "So uh have you thought about the U.A entrance exams?", he asks, changing the subject. You nod and take a step on to the road once again, this time taking Shinso's hand. He tensed a little but eventually relaxed as the two of you walked across the road and into the park. "Yeah, I have". "Do you think I'll pass?", he asks. You send him a sideways glance and a small, rare smile. "Of course and even if you don't you'll always be a hero". He raises an eyebrow. "How can I be a hero if I don't get into the hero course?", he questions. "Well, you'll always be my hero". His eyes widen slightly and the grip on your hand tightens slightly. You look to the side and see him staring straight ahead, his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink. And the sight of him in such a flustered state caused your heart to race, a feeling that you just couldn't explain. 

Now you two are a lot closer, now on a first name basis. I wanted him to use his quirk on you but to save you from something even though you're physically stronger than him. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD