80. Press conference

Changing into the new clothing that had been bought for you, you stared into the mirror at your new appearance. You hadn't worn anything like this since you were a kid, it was the type of thing a mother would put their daughter in when they are young. Mr. Tsukauchi said he asked his younger sister to pick something for you to wear for the press conference. At first, you rejected it completely and refused to put it on but were persuaded when your mother started getting upset. You hated to be the one making her sad so you gave in and put it on anyway. Taking a deep breath, you let your eyes scan yourself in the full body mirror of the bathroom once more. Trying to get used to the new look, you stared boredly at your reflection.

The sound of knocking on the door caught your attention. It seemed rushed as if they were in a hurry.

"Come on, (Y/n)," Yu calls, "We're leaving in a few minutes, we don't have time to waste." With a sigh and one final glance at your reflection, you unlocked the bathroom door and exited. Yu stood before you, dressed in formal attire just like you. Your mother walked into the hallway, pulling Aizawa along behind her.

"The car is waiting outside, hurry." You and your aunt nod before rushing after the couple and outside the safe house. A car sat out front, beeping its horn a few times. When the driver noticed you they seemed relieved, you hoped they hadn't been waiting too long.

Before any of the adults could, you rushed to the front seat and got in, forcing the three to sit in the back. You were sure that your mother and Aizawa would have sat there anyway, to sit together. But Yu would probably take it for herself. The driver watched as you buckled your seat belt, sending you a gentle smile when your eyes met.

"It's a pleasure driving you, Miss Angel," he chuckles, waiting for the adults to get situated in the back. The two sisters started bickering because Yu was sitting on your mothers seat belt. Aizawa watched the scene unfold, slipping an arm around her once it was over. The car pulled away, making it's way to the press conference.

"(Y/n)," your mother called. You hummed in response, looking at her in the side mirror.

"You've never done a press conference before so I just want to warn you that some reporters can be quite aggressive with their questions. They're all fighting for their media outlets so it may be loud and there will be a lot of people. I know you don't like being in big groups." You shrug your shoulders, not feeling too bothered about it.

"All I can do is answer all he questions I can and clear everything up. You don't have to talk much if you don't want to, I know that it's hard remembering everything that happened," you offer. You watch as he gaze falls to her lap, her head resting on your teacher's shoulder.

"I'll do what I can, I wouldn't want to leave you out there alone." Yu chuckles and nudges her sister playfully.

"Come on, sis. I'll be there too, if either of you need any support I'll be right there for you." Your eyes then drifted to Aizawa who was looking directly at you.

"Are you going to be on the panel, sensei?" you ask. He shakes his head, his tired eyes continuing to stare at you in the reflection of the side mirror.

"No, I'll be watching from the sidelines to make sure you're both okay. Think of it as extra support, if you need anything I'll be there." You nod to him, now focusing your eyes on the building ahead of you which had many news vans parked outside and reporters filing in through the front doors.

The car pulled up around the back of the building, giving you the chance to get inside without being swarmed by the media. The four of you walked from the car to the building, sending a wave to the driver as he pulled away.