6. Trust

"(Y/n) we need milk!", Yu calls out. "Ok, I'll go and get it". You mother hands you some money and sends you a wave as you walk out the door. You take a step out the house and notice a familiar violet haired boy sitting on the fence of the house opposite yours. He looks up and his emotionless expression disappears, being replaced by a small smile. He gets up and walks over to you, meeting you in the middle of the road. "Good morning (Y/n)", he greets, his hands shoved deep in his pockets. "Uh yes, good morning Shinso-kun". "Where are you going?", he asks. You turn and look in the direction of the store. "I have to get something from the store". "You don't mind if I tag along, right?". You stare at him blankly before shaking your head. "I don't mind". His light smile returns and he walks beside you down the street.

Today was your second day being away from your horrible father and the hell he called a home. This morning your mother seemed even happier than she was when you first arrived. As your thoughts drifted off to other things you noticed that Tsuki wasn't anywhere in sight. "Where's Tsuki?", you ask, turning towards Shinso. "Sometimes he just disappears, he'll be gone for a while but I know he will come back". You tilt your head to the side slightly. "Why is that?". "Well he really likes you, of course he's going to come back". You looked down at the pavement, your face feeling hot once again. You noticed that he kept stealing glances at you making you feel insecure. "Is there something on my face?", you question. He shakes his head and rubs the back of his neck sheepishly. "Sorry, I guess I just couldn't help but look at you". You looked back at the ground, your face heating up once more. Why must he do this to you? You noticed that the store was just up ahead and walked in with Shinso trailing behind you.

You found the milk and then made your way to the cashier, paying for it. When you left the shop you noticed Hitoshi leaning up against the wall where you had seen him after leaving the shop yesterday. He walked over to you and help something out. You took it and examined it. "It's an ice block", he says. (A/n: Idk what other people call them, like ice lollies or popsicles). You nod and give a small bow. "Thank you". He shrugs his shoulder and begins to eat him. You gently lick the sweet, humming quietly due to its flavor. You were enjoying it but suddenly felt a pain in your head. You reached up and rubbed your forehead lightly. Shinso chuckled, causing you to look at him. "What is it?". "It's called brain freeze, you get it when you eat something cold really fast". You nod and begin eating it slower. "What do you want to do now?", he asks. You look down at the milk and then up at him. "I need to take this home but then do you want to go to the park?". His cheeks tint a faint pink before he gives a small nod.

The two of you walked back to your house and you put the milk in the fridge. You began walking back towards the door but your mother stopped you. "(Y/n) where are you going?", she asks in a worried tone. "I'm going to the park, I'll be back later". She nods and watches your retreating figure as you leave. Shinso waited beside your mailbox and walked by your side as you journeyed towards the park.

Instead of sitting on the bench like you had yesterday the two of you sat on the swings. He turned his head towards you and noticed the emotionless look on your face. "Why don't you show any emotion?", he asks. You look over and meet his gaze. "I don't know", you say quietly. It was quiet before he spoke again. This question caused your body to tense. "Do you have a quirk?". You don't respond and just stare at the ground. Shinso lets out a long sigh. "I have a quirk and I'd like to be a hero but my quirk doesn't help me fight", he says suddenly. You turn and see that he's frowning. "What is your quirk?". He meets your gaze and then looks away. "I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours". You nod slowly and look around to make sure that you are alone. "I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to tell anyone, it could get me killed but... I think I trust you". His eyes widen slightly. "You trust me?". You nod once again. "I do, I can usually sense when someone has bad intentions and you don't give off that type of aura". He nods and swings back and forth gently on his swing. "My quirk is called brainwashing". You look over and notice that his face is holding no emotion. "People always misjudge me because of my quirk, they say that it is the type of quirk that a villain would have but... I'm not a villain". There was a moment of silence before you spoke. "I don't think that you are a villain". Shinso smiles lightly at the ground. "And what is your quirk?". You hesitate before answering. "I actually have two quirks, both my mother's and father's. I only use part of my mothers because its too dangerous and I will never use my father's quirk on others". Hitoshi sighs and meets my gaze. "What are they?". You fidget with your hands and avert your gaze. "Shadow puppetry and Angel form".

If you didn't know this then I'm going to tell you now. Your father is a famous villain called the 'shadow puppeteer' and his quirk is shadow puppetry (Being able to summon shadow spirits and control other with their shadows). Your mother is a hero known as 'Lady Angel' who went missing 16 years ago when she was kidnapped by your father, her quirk is called angel form. I hope you are enjoying the story so far. We are at about 200 reads so thank you for that. Also, someone said they almost cried when they reached the end of the last chapter because they didn't want it to end. I'm so glad that you are enjoying my story and if you weren't you probably would've stopped reading it by now, this is chapter 6. Sorry for the long A/n, have a wonderful day! Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD