39. Saviour

You headed downstairs after waking up, still feeling tired. "Are you alright, sweetie?", your mother asks. You look up and meet her gaze noticing her concerned expression. You nod your head. "I'm fine, I had a nightmare last night and found it hard to get back to sleep". Her face falls a little as she makes her way over to you, wrapping her arms around you. "Oh, I hope you're feeling alright". And then she did something you never expected her to, she was feeling your shoulder blades.

"So what's the big deal about it?', Kuro asks, slouching in the seat beside you. You sent him a glare before turning your attention out the bus window. "She was trying to feel if I had been using my wings". Kuro chuckles and moves his head to your lap, looking up at you. "How would she know, they always heal over". You shake your head. "As a child, they heal over when they retract but as you get older the hole will usually stay open so that your wings can leave your body without any pain. Since I'm at the age where they generally stay open she was checking if I was using my quirk". He gives an understanding nod. "Lucky they didn't stay open, eh? I was gonna ask about it last night but it makes sense now". "What does?". Kuro taps his chin as he sits up. "When you put your wings away last night they took to while to heal back over". You looked down at your lap, biting your lip. "For how long?". He shrugs his shoulders. "I'd say about half an hour". You sigh and hide your face in your hands, quietly cursing. "I can't use her quirk anymore, it's too risky". Kuro nods, petting your shoulder lightly. "Don't worry about it, tonight we'll just walk down to the reserve to train. If you can't use your mother's quirk at the moment then it is fine". You nod your head. "Thank you".

The bus pulls over to the side of the road, it was your stop. Both you and Kuro got off the bus and started walking towards U.A. You were just about to turn the corner to reach U.A when Kuro suddenly disappeared. You sighed quietly and kept walking, freezing in place when you saw a large amount of press, either holding camera's or microphones. The media.. it didn't matter which one it was but he would definitely find you if your face was shown. You slowly approached the gate, trying not to draw attention to yourself. There were already so many students roped into talking to them and you didn't wish to be one of them. The thought of being caught by your father made your eyes gloss over, you were supposed to protect your mother and you couldn't even do that. You continued walking, keeping your head down. It was too late though, they had spotted you.

"Hey you, do you mind if we ask you a few questions?". "What's All Might like as a teacher?!". You brought your hands up to your face and kept walking, trying to reach the gate. "Oi, we're talking to you!", one guy growls, placing his hand on your shoulder. "Can't you see that she doesn't want to answer your questions, leave her be". You don't even bother to look up at your saviour. Something wraps itself around your waist and guides you towards the gate, allowing you to get away from the press. Once you were far enough away you pulled your hands away from your face, looking up to see the beaked boy with dark shadow holding onto you. Without even thinking you quickly hugged the boy, hiding your face in his shoulder. "T-thank you, Tokoyami-kun", you whisper, your voice shaking a little. He gently pats your back. "It's fine, but I would also like to speak with you about something". You nod as you pull away, time slowing down for a second. A purple-haired boy walked past the two of you, his tired eyes locking onto yours. With his hands in his pockets, he walks towards the U.A building. When his back is to you, you snap out of your thoughts, looking back at the bird-like boy. "That's fine, is lunch suitable for you?", you ask. He nods. "Sure, where would you like to meet?". "Meet me in music room 3". He nods and turns towards the school. "We better get going, we don't to be late for class". You give a quick nod and run to his side, walking to class with him.

Next!!!
Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD