17. Master?

"(Y/n) sweetie", your mother calls as she cracks your bedroom door open. You open your eyes slowly glancing at the light. Your room was so dark now that you squinted as the light entered. "Aren't you hungry? You haven't eaten all day". You roll over and shake your head. "I'm fine, I'll eat tomorrow". She sighs and enters the room, taking a seat on your bed behind you. "What's wrong, I've never seen you act like this before and I'm worried". It was a stabbing pain in your heart that brought you back to reality. "The feeling of someone you care about hating you, wanting you to leave and never speak to them again... Mother it hurts", you whisper. You roll over and look at her, exposing your tear stained face. She gasps quietly. "Baby, you're crying". You nod and allow her to wipe away a stray tear. 

She sighs and pulls you into an embrace, placing a loving kiss on your forehead. "This is just something that people go through, we just have to accept the pain and eventually you won't feel it again". You look up and meet her gaze. "Really?". She nods and pats your head. "You don't have to eat tonight but please do tomorrow, sometimes sadness makes you lose your appetite or it gives you a bigger one. Just know that even if people hurt you and walk away I will always be there for you, people will walk in and out of your life so you have to hold onto them tightly or else they'll just get up and leave. But no matter what happens I will always be there, okay?". You nod and get off of her so she can get up. "I'll be making breakfast tomorrow and I hope that you'll be having some". She walks to the door and blows you a kiss before leaving. "Good night".

Timeskip

It was very late when you woke up next. You turn your head toward your window, noticing that it was open. You switch on the lamp on your bedside table and get up heading toward the window. You look out to see Hitoshi awake, looking out of his bedroom window with his cheek resting in the palm of his hand. His face harboured a mixed expression of sadness, anger and annoyance. He looked up at your window just as you duck out of the way.

 After a minute of hiding you peek out the window once more and see that he isn't there anymore. You let out a quiet sigh and pull the window closed before walking back over to your bed. But then you noticed something strange sitting next to your lamp. It was a small black music box. You pick it up and hold it out in the palm of your hand, it was pretty small. On the side was a crank which most likely would work it. You placed it back beside the lamp and switched it off, leaving you in complete darkness once again.

You lay back down and closed your eyes only for the lamp to switch on. You sat up and gasped as what you saw. Ten black human-like creatures were wandering aimlessly around your room. They were the shape of humans but the only features on their faces were glowing white eyes and they looked as if they were made out of pure darkness. You moved back on your bed, pulling your pillow to your chest. "What are they?", you ask. "They are shadow spirits". You jumped at the sound of an unfamiliar voice.

 Sitting beside you was a boy around your age, his skin was the palest shade of white and his hair was as dark as the "shadow spirits". You jumped off of your bed and watched as the monsters began running around, knocking stuff over and messing up the room. "What are they doing?", you ask the boy. "They don't have a master, they're looking for them". You look around before meeting his gaze again. "Who is their master?". He chuckles and places his hand on your shoulder. "You are".

 You weren't sure how to react, how were you their master? You had never seen these creatures in your life. "What do I do to make then stop?". He lets out an amused chuckle. "You can either control them with your own shadows or use the music box". You look over at the bed side table and jump over the bed grabbing the small box. You look back at the boy. "And now wind it up". You grab the small crank between your index finger and thumb, winding it up slowly. 

The top of the box opened and a small plastic angel with black wings appeared as the music began to play. She spun around in a circle to the music, it was then that you realised the shadow spirits had stopped their destruction and turned to you. They walked toward you, bowing as if you were a queen and they were you subjects. "And now they are ready to do anything for you". You blinked a few times before they disappeared. "Where did they go?". "You didn't give them any orders so they disappeared". Still surprised you rubbed your eyes. "How do I get them to come back?". The boy sighs and grabs your wrist, getting you to sit down. "You ask too many questions but who am I to refuse my master". Once he lets go of you you raise an eyebrow. "I'm your master too? Who are you? I've never seen you in my life". He chuckles and holds out his hand to shake. "Well then, my name is Kuro. It is nice to finally meet you, master".

*cough* Discovering part of your father's quirk *cough*. Hope you enjoyed, more will be here soon. Yass. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD