33. Team J

"Now I'll announce the teams!", All might says. You all nod and await the hero's next words as he draws from two boxes, one reading villains while the other reading heroes. "Alright...". He started to announce the teams but you weren't really listening, all you wanted to know was who you were going to be with. "And finally team J, Takeyama and Kirishima". You looked around and briefly met the eyes of the red-head. "Okay, the first teams facing off will be team A, Midoriya and Uraraka as the heroes and team D, Bakugou and Iida as the villains". You could feel the hatred radiating off of the ash blonde teen as he glared at Midoriya. All might gestured the two pairs forward with one of his large hands. "Remember that the villain's objective is to protect the weapon and stop the heroes. To win all they need to do is protect the weapon for the entire time of the trial or immobilize the heroes with the captured tape. And for the heroes, they either have to touch the weapon or use the captured tape to secure the villains, is that understood?". "Yes, Sensei!". "Alright! Teams A and D head over to the trial building, the rest of us will head to the viewing area".

You watched the fight between Midoriya and Bakugou from the back of the room, sighing at their effort to overpower each other. You knew that Bakugou was a lot stronger than Midoriya and would most likely win but the green-haired boy continued to surprise you. No matter what he was faced with he always kept fighting, even if his quirk was damaging his body and causing him pain. You sigh and look over your shoulder as if to look at your hidden wings. You did the same, going through pain just to show your quirk but you weren't allowed to and that irritated you. Perhaps you were more like Bakugou than you thought, he was always angry and expressive with his feelings, especially those of hate. You, however, were able to control your emotions, making sure not to let a single emotion slip. Unfortunately, there were a few that managed to slip past, embarrassment and happiness. You would either feel your cheeks heating up or the tension within them, but you knew that with a smile you would never give in. Although you would be lying to yourself if you said that, you had smiled at Hitoshi before... but only him.

"Hey, it's Takeyama, right?", you hear someone call. Your head snaps in their direction, curious as to who was calling you. It was the boy with spiky red hair, Kirishima. You nod tucking a strand of hair that had slipped past your goggles behind your ear. "Yes, am I correct assuming you're Kirishima?". He nods, smiling his sharp teeth. "Yeah, that's me", he says, pointing to his bare chest with his thumb. "It's nice to meet you, I look forward to working with you during the battle trial". He chuckles. "No need to be so formal". You give an understanding nod, turning your attention back to the fight between Midoriya and Bakugou. "At first I thought you were quiet because you were shy or something but now I can see that there's a lot more to you than I thought". You turned your gaze to the floor, looking up at him in the corner of your eye. "Ah yes... I apologize for not being as social as everyone else yesterday, you see I'm not very experienced in that kind of stuff". "Yeah, I can see that now. But don't worry, if we hang out more often I reckon we could be great friends". Your face turned red. "Y-you would like to be friends with me?", you question. He nods. "Of course, you seem pretty cool and I forgot to tell you but your costume is super awesome, where'd you get the idea for it?". You looked down at your feet, unsure what to say. "Well it was actually my father's idea but I tweaked it a little bit". "That's cool, mine's based on a hero called Crimson riot. You could kinda say he's my inspiration, are there any heroes you look up to?". You face paled for a second but it wasn't noticeable. "I dunno...". "Aw really? Why not one of the biggest heroes like All might or Endeavour or Best jeanist or maybe even Edgeshot?". You looked up at him, catching his gaze. "Lady Angel", you say quietly. "Lady angel? Never heard of her before, oh well I bet she's pretty cool if you look up to her". You nod. "Yeah, she is". Your attention snapped back to the large screens just as a large explosion went off, set off by the gauntlet on Bakugou's forearm. "Wow he really needs to chill out", you hear the blonde boy with the tail say. You agreed with him, this behaviour was nothing close to a hero's.

Everyone watched as Bakugou attempted to strike Midoriya only for him to punch upwards, damaging the supports of the building with its force. Your eyes widened in surprise as you watched Uraraka use the opportunity to touch the weapon while Iida was distracted. "Team Uraraka and Midoriya wins!", All might announces, sounding relieved. The others let out long sighs, grateful that the fight hadn't ended negatively. All might holds up the two labelled boxes, it was now someone else's turn. "Team C and team J". "Who's that?", Kaminari asks, looking around the room. "The villains will be Yaoyorozu and Mineta while the heroes will be Kirishima and (Y/n)".

It's your turn now! I felt like writing another chapter of this since it's been plaguing my mind lately. I've been addicted to the manga and have created even bigger attachments to the characters! I just want to write more about them! Also, I just wanted to say that I know that these teams aren't the same (mostly) as the ones in the anime and manga. I am just saying this so all the know-it-alls will stop pushing up their glasses and scoffing. Bro, I'm just lazy and can't be f'd watching the episode again, also I'm sorry Sero but I took you out of team J to put (Y/n) there. Trust me when I say I love the triangle mouthed boy, we have the same birthday! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD