7. Past

"Shadow puppetry like the shadow puppeteer?", he questions. You hesitantly nod. "Please don't tell anyone, my father left for two months but I know when that time is up he will come and find me". Shinso nods and sends you a small smile. "I promise I won't tell anyone". You were slightly happy that he hadn't questioned your other quirk, your mother's quirk. No one my age would know about the hero known as 'Lady Angel', she disappeared 16 years ago. When a hero disappears no one really questions it. Maybe they retired or got sick of working as a hero and that's why no one came looking for her. She was strong and could defend herself well but she was trapped and got caught, no one found her.

"So the shadow puppeteer is your father?". You hesitantly nod. "Yes he is, he kidnapped my mother and forced her to have me, it was only a few days ago that we got away". Shinso smiled lightly as he placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's gonna be ok". It was strange to have someone here to comfort me, it was usually just my mother and I. I never needed to be comforted but my mother did and I was always there for her. "What are you gonna do while he's gone?". Your cheeks tensed lightly at the thought of your dream. "I'm going to become a hero so that I can show my father I'm not a villain, so I can prove to him that I am not his slave and that I can help people. My father believes that the word hero has lost all meaning, that these 'heroes' waste away the name until it is nothing more than a meaningless title. True heroes are those that risk their lives to save people and don't care for media attention or fame. Real heroes will die if it means they can save a person no matter who they are. He likes to play games where he tests heroes, putting them in situations where they have to choose whether to save people or their reputation. It's disgusting but it fuels his sadistic urges, to watch someone choose something like that. And the worst part is that some of these heroes choose their reputation and they let people die just for a chance at media attention and recognition". Shinso stares at the ground, his face showing no emotion. "In a few weeks U.A is having their entrance exams", he says. "W-would you like to go together?", he asks. You nod. "Yes, I would like that".

You open your mouth to say something when you see someone running over to you. Yu runs over and smiles brightly at the two of you. "(Y/n) aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?", she asks. You look to Hitoshi and then back to your aunt. "Oh this is Shinso-kun, he lives across the street from us". She nods and smiles at the violet haired boy. "It's nice to meet you, my name is Yu Takeyama, I'm (Y/n)'s aunt". Hitoshi stood up and lightly bowed. "It's nice to meet you Takeyama-san". She nods happily and then turns to me. "(Y/n) we have to go shopping today, I want to get you some new clothes". You nod and stand up. Before you leave you turn to Shinso and send him a nod. "I'll see you later". He waves goodbye and sits back on the bench, watching your retreating figure.

Hitoshi's POV
I watched her as she walked away and then let my eyes drift to the ground as she disappeared. I let out a quiet sigh and lent back on the bench. A quiet meow distracted me from my thoughts. Tsuki sat beside me, his snowy white fur full of dirt. "Where were you all day?", I chuckle, lightly petting his head. He looked in the direction (Y/n) had gone and then back at me. "(Y/n) went home a few minutes ago". He lent down and bit the sleeve of my hoodie, pulling it in the direction she went. "You wanna see her again, huh?".  Tsuki licked my hand with his sandpaper tongue. I stood up and began walking towards my own house, Tsuki trailing behind me. "Well I do too", I whisper, letting my eyes drift to the house across the road from mine. 

Sorry if its short. It's only like 700 words. I can't wait until I write the part when you're going to U.A. I have so many plans for this story ugh I wish I could type quicker. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. If there is anything you don't understand about your past or mother and father just leave a comment and I will happily answer it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD