62. Accidental advancements

Sitting beneath a tree in complete darkness you let out a sigh. You loved coming here at night to train, not only to learn and become stronger but you loved the atmosphere. It was quiet and air was cold, causing the hairs on the back of your neck stand tall. Sure others would find the darkness and solitude to be scary or uncomfortable but you enjoyed it, this was something about yourself that you weren't too fond of.

Darkness is a common symbol of villains so ultimately your quick could easily be related to one of a villain. You never really thought about it like this until you started at U.A, just seeing all of the bright flashy quirks that you would generally see a hero with made you feel insecure about your dream to become a hero. It was a good thing that Tokoyami was in your class. With a quirk similar to your own it made you feel a little more comfortable in your own skin, giving you the confidence to continue your fight towards the title of hero.

Kuro appeared beside you, barely visible due to the scarce amount of light beneath the trees. The moon could barely be seen due to it's small size that night and the dark rain clouds which blocked the stars from view. You found that to be disappointing but how could you complain, there was nothing you could do about it unless you magically manifested a wind or weather type quirk.

"You ready to start your training yet?" the raven-haired male asks. You don't even bother speaking, instead, you get up to show you are ready. Kuro eyes the eager expression on your face, a proud smirk climbing onto his own. Reaching into his jacket pocket he pulls out your mother's bow in it's compact state.

"There are three things I want you to do tonight," he announces, his gaze locked onto yours.

"The first will be creating arrows from your shadow threads and shooting them like your mother used to, the only difference being that she used light. Yours should be much easier because of your quirk." You raised an eye brow.

"Easier with my quirk? What do you mean by that?" you question. He groans, turning around to head butt a tree.

"Really, the questions again? Anyway, you know that you mother had two quirks much like how you have two. One being Angel form and the second being light formation." You nod in understanding.

"Yeah..."

"Darkness is everywhere, your quirk is limitless. However, her's wasn't because light isn't everywhere, she fought during the day when she was most powerful. It was only in the darkness that she was weakened and well... taken," he explains. Turning, he faces you.

"As I was saying before you interrupted me, there are three things I want to try tonight. The one I mentioned just now about the bow, I also want you to try controlling your shadow spirits again and finally you need to practice the shadow grenade again." Approaching him, you take the compact bow from his hands and enlarge it. You extended your arm and held the bow as if you were going to shoot it, an annoyed groan made you lower your weapon. Turning your head to the right all you can see is Kuro face palming.

"Are you kidding me right now? Your bow doesn't have a string or any arrows, your not gonna hit anything unless you smack it over the head." You let out a small laugh as you attempt to create a string for your bow. You extend shadow threads from one finger, getting them to wrap around the top before connecting it on the other side. Kuro ruffles your hair.

"Finally, now hurry up. We don't have all night, remember that you have school tomorrow," he warns. You give a slow nod, examining the bow and trying to think of a way to create arrows out of nothing.

"So how do the arrows work, I can't form shadows because my quirk is shadow puppetry," you ask. Kuro takes a seat on a tree stump and leans back with his arms supporting his weight.