14. The practical test

You finished your written part of the exam and closed the booklet, placing your pencil on top. You look around the room and notice you are the first finished. You look over to Hitoshi and watch as he continues with his exam. He looks up at you and gives a small smile before looking back down. You look down at your booklet, noticing the color of your cheeks had changed. You sigh and rest your cheek in the palm of your hand. You hear an annoyed grunt and see the angry boy from before sitting beside you. He notices your gaze and turns his head but you turn away before he can catch you. You were unsure if this boy would make a good hero, he seemed a bit too angry.

Before you know it the time was up and all of the booklets were collected up. The loud guy from before returned to the room and began explaining the rules for the next part. On a screen behind him it displayed four silhouettes, each one had a number beneath it. "Each different opponent has a number and that number correlates to the number of points you will receive if you take them down, but if you take down the one labeled zero you will receive no points, its best to avoid those ones". Everyone nods, understanding. "Alright, you will all be split up into groups and taken to different areas for your practical test, good luck!". Everyone stands and makes their way out of the room, heading toward  their arenas.

You look over the people in your group and sigh when you couldn't see Hitoshi. You were all standing before a tall gate which led into a large, fake city. Suddenly the gate swung open and we made our way inside. People were already beginning to run while others slowly wandered in. You began running. If you were going to get into U.A you would have to try your hardest with the powers you were limited to.

You heard the sound of moving metal parts and turned your head to see a three-point opponent. But rather than it being a human like you expected it to be, they were robots. You felt a sick feeling in your stomach as your thoughts drifted to Hitoshi. His quirk was brainwashing, how was he supposed to fight them? You took a deep breath and charged toward the robot. Hitoshi is smart, he'll think of something.

The robot swung its mechanical arm at you. You jumped over it and kicked its head clean off its body. Then behind it, you saw more, there were so many. A small smile graced your lips, you were going to get into U.A, no matter how hard you would have to try. You ran at the robots, disarming them easily. Not only was your speed great for this test but your strength made it easy to fight them. Then you saw something that caused you to gasp. It was a zero. A boy was running away from it, his leg injured. He limped as fast as he could in your direction but he was running too slow. The others around you had all frozen in place, this was the moment you were born for. You would never freeze up in the face a fear, you've lived that your entire life and now this is your chance to prove yourself. You can and you will become a hero. You ran toward the boy and picked him up, running him out of the way of the robot. You brought him into a building to hide and checked his injury. "What happened?", you ask, cutting the material away from the wound. "One of the robots rolled over a sharp stone and it flew out from under the tire and hit my calf". You pulled your hoodie off and wrapped it around his wound to stop the bleeding. "Stop wasting your time here", he hisses, clutching his wound. You shake your head and lift him up running him back to the gate. "I'm going to leave you here, ok?". He nods and lays back, gritting his teeth in pain.

You run back into the arena and disarm a few more robots before seeing a girl trying to get away from a number three. She looks exhausted. Suddenly she collapses to the ground, the robot taking the time strike. Its mechanical fist goes to strike her but you reach it first and punch it away, ripping it from its body. You pick up the girl and run to the gate, placing her beside the boy. She lets out a cough and attempts to stand. She falls again but this time you catch her. "You're exhausted, don't push yourself too hard". She gives a weak smile and nod, laying down to regain her energy.

You look over and see a boy with an explosive quirk, he looked familiar. But then you got closer and see that it's the angry boy from before. He destroys a robot with an explosion, not caring if anyone is getting hurt by the damage. A sharp piece of metal flies in the direction of a boy sitting up against a building. You run over and quickly block it, shielding the boy from the rest of the debris. "I need to get out of here", he coughs. You give a nod and pick him up, running him over to the others. He doesn't look injured, he looks fatigued, he must've overused his quirk. "Damn it", he swears.  "Put me down, you're wasting your time". You shake your head and sit him down beside the girl. "It's fine". You then run back just as the practical part of the exam finishes. You let out a sigh and make your way back to the gate. Sure you were happy with what you were able to do, you just wished you had gotten more points. You counted them up in your mind and got a total of 47, you hoped Hitoshi had done well.

You left the arena and made your way back to the main U.A building with the others. When you got inside you saw Hitoshi leaning up against a wall. He was looking down so he didn't look too happy but he seemed to cheer up when he saw you. "Think you did well?", he asks. You shrug your shoulders. "Probably not as well as I should've", you mutter. You started to walk towards the exit with Hitoshi by your side when you felt eyes on you. You turned around and looked up to see a security camera looking directly at you. You sighed, ignoring it and making your way home. You wish you had gotten more points.

Behind the cameras
Aizawa watched the young (h/c) haired girl leave the building, his eyes scanning her familiar features. Yamada wanders over and notices his friend's tired eyes on the girl. "Whats up? You know her or something?". Aizawa rewinds the camera to when you looked directly at them and zoomed up on your face. "Hey, she looks a lot like uh Takeyama". Aizawa's eyes didn't leave you for a second, only pulling them away as he stood up. "Who is this girl? Can you find me a name?!", he calls out. Midnight stalks over and smirks at the screen. "Her name is (Y/n) Takeyama, well at least that's what she put down. When we searched her up in the system noting came up, as far as we know she hasn't existed until now". Aizawa meets the gaze of the blue-eyed woman. "What were her scores?". She lifts up a chart and looks down at it. "Out of all of the students she placed first". "Tell me the scores". Midnight's smirk grows wider. "Alright alright, she got 47 points from destroying villains and 180 from rescues. But even though her score is the highest I don't think we'll be able to take her in". Aizawa sits down and lets out a sigh. "I'll take her into my class". Yamada lets out a loud laugh gathering the attention of everyone in the room. "There's no point taking her in, sure she's strong and all but we know nothing about her". Aizawa ignores the blonde male and looks back to Midnight. "What was her score for the written test". She glances back down at the chart. "Oh, she's a smart one. A perfect score". Aizawa looks back to your image on the screen. "I'll be taking her into my class". "But you can't, you already have 20 selec-". "I don't care if I have 21 students, she is going to be in my class". Aizawa turned off the monitor and walked out of the room. It had been 16 years since his love had been taken away from him and this girl had to know something.

Can you put the pieces together? And just a quick note I'm gonna make Aizawa a bit older so that it makes more sense. In the manga/anime he is 30 years old but if your mother was taking away 16 years ago that would've made them 14. And she had you later that year so yeah... Anyway, I hope you're enjoying the story so far. See ya.

Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD