48. The nurse

You awoke like any other morning, the only difference was the pain in your arm. You had tended to the wound last night but it hadn't done much for you. You decided to go see the school nurse, Recovery girl, before class started. Today was apparently the day you were going to the USJ, all that you knew about it was that it was a rescue simulation area. You would be faced with many different hazards and have to use your quirks and skills to save people. This was your time to show more of your potential, you would be able to use your strength and speed to its full extent. No longer would you feel lower than the other students, you would be useful in this one. You could hear your mother calling you from down stairs and so you quickly got up, changing into your U.A uniform. Your eyes lingered on the bandage which covered your injury. You hissed quietly as you pulled the sleeve of your blazer over it, it was very sensitive to touch and you expected it to continue feeling that way until you got it treated. Lastly, you slipped on your shoes and hurried down stairs to have breakfast with your mother.

Timeskip

"Yesterday was so eventful, I think that today will be super boring. First, you'll go to the USJ then you'll come back to school and have English, maths and homeroom. Finally coming home to do homework, eat dinner, sleep for a bit then wake up to train. How does that day sound to you?", Kuro asks. You weren't trying to ignore him but you were a little lost in your thoughts. "Sounds good to me", you reply, not really caring for conversation. He sighs and begins poking your cheek to get your attention. "Aw, don't ignore me. I'm important ". You roll your eyes and get up as the bus comes to a stop. "I have to face them today, the boys... Bakugou, Kirishima, Kaminari and Sero. I'm worried that I scared them off, I do enjoy their company I just don-". "Will you just shut up and stop thinking about it? I can't stand listening to you worry about pointless crap". You decided it would be best to hold your tongue, you weren't too keen on getting into an argument now.

Since you had made it to school a lot earlier you went to the nurse's office rather than class. You knocked on the door and slid it open, surprised to see your sensei speaking to the nurse. They both turn to you when the door opens. You bow your head, not wanting to meet their gazes. "I apologise for interrupting ". You attempt to slide the door shut but are stopped by Aizawa-sensei's bandages. "It's fine, Takeyama, I was just about to leave". You meet his tired eyes, even though exhausted you could see that they were scanning you. He's looking for something, you know that he knows. You bow as he walks out, making your way further into the room to interact with the nurse. "Oh, miss Takeyama. It's a pleasure to finally meet you". You bow to her, finding her company to be relaxing. "The pleasure is mine, Recovery girl. If you don't mind me asking, I'd like your assistance ". You look down at your covered arm, letting your hand hover over the wound. "What with, darling?", she asks kindly. "The other night when I was training I tripped and fell on a sharp rock, I was wondering if you were able to heal me". Her aged face now showed a mix of interest and worry. "Don't be shy now, dear. Show me".

You sat on one of the beds in her office, your blazer resting beside you. Your forearm was exposed, being cleaned up by Recovery girl. "And now lean down". You follow her instructions and lean down, receiving a kiss on the forehead from her. With a loud smack, she pulls away, the kind smile still on her face. "When you're training try and be more careful, being healed before class with not be good for your energy levels and being injured won't be good if you're doing physical hero activities". You hang your head, nodding slowly. "Of course, I'll try be a lot more careful while training". She gets off her seat and begins walking towards her desk. "It's still quite early but you should go to class, I hope I won't be seeing you here anytime soon for any reason that isn't to visit me", she chuckles. You send her one last bow before leaving the room, sliding your arms back into your blazer.

You walked down the long hallways, stopping when you reached the large door labelled '1A'. As expected someone was already there, that being Iida. "Good morning, Takeyama!", he greets, his hands chopping the air. It was a strange habit but it made you feel like laughing... You didn't. "Please Iida, call me (Y/n)". His cheeks tinted pink. "Really? I wouldn't want to offend you or sound informal, are you sure it's okay?". You nod your head, taking a seat at your desk.

Wanting to talk a little more you decided to ask him a question. "Why are you here so early?", you ask. He begins chopping the air as he speaks, going on about how it's his responsibility as the class president. You found it amusing and decided to listen to him speak, some might of found it tedious but you found it inspiring. "You're very inspiring, Iida-kun, I think you'd make a great hero". His face lit up. "Really?". You nod, turning to the door as more students entered. First were Sato, Oijiro and Hagakure who all greeted you with waves and friendly smiles. You nodded back to them, deciding to play on your phone for a bit before class started.

But there was something that really surprised you. You were whacked on the back of the head as someone walked past. You were about to turn around to see who it was but then they spoke. "Nerd, don't blow us off like that again". You looked down at your lap in shame. "I won't". He lets out a half laugh. "And I want some fucking answers too, meet me after school or your fucking dead". Even though his voice was threatening it wasn't as bad as how he threatened others, it was almost softer and more caring. Your eyes widened a little as you turned around to look at him, noticing his blush straight away. "Nerd, what the fuck are you looking at!". You quickly turned around, feeling an odd tickling in your throat. You wanted to laugh so badly, even if it were the quietest of giggles. Oh, what had this class done to you?

Next chapter awaaaaayyyyyy! Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD