13. U.A High school

"This is our stop", Hitoshi states, helping me off of the train. You both step to the side and allow the other people to leave the platform before you continue your journey towards U.A high school. "Where are we going now?", you ask. Hitoshi points to a bus stop not too far ahead. "Next we have to take a bus, it'll take us most of the way and after that, we'll walk for about ten minutes until we reach U.A". You nod and approach the bus stop just as the bus pulls up. The two of you jump on and sit at the back. You look out the window and watch as the scenery passes by.

Flashback

You sat at the dining table eating your breakfast, noticing your mother's eyes on you. You look up and meet her gaze. "What's wrong?", you ask. She quickly shakes her head and wipes her eyes, she seems to be crying. You stand from your seat and run over to her, wrapping around her. "Mother, what's wrong?". She sighs and rests her head on your shoulder. "You're just growing up so fast", she sobs. You comfortingly rub her back. "There is no reason to cry, Mother". She sighs and pulls away, cupping your face in her hands. "Sometimes when people are really happy they cry". You didn't quite understand but the smile on her face explained it all.

You finished your breakfast and changed into your clothing for the day. Your mother stood by the front door smiling sadly at you. She pulled you into a loving embrace, gently kissing your temple. "Remember not to show off your quirks". You pull away and meet her gaze. "Why not? I know I barely any control of father's but what about yours... I want to get into U.A and if I don't use all my power how are they supposed to judge me?". You mother lets out a sigh and places a hand on either side of your face. "I would love for you to show off my quirk but if anyone saw it they would get suspicious. Remember that I've been missing for 16 years, if someone saw that quirk you'd get too much unnecessary attention". You look down at the ground sadly. "Baby it's fine, just use your strength and speed, that should be enough to get in. The other students will be strong too but not on the same level as you, you could be a hero with the amount of strength you have currently". You give a slow nod and look up to meet her gaze. "Now do you promise not to show your quirks?". You can see the serious look in her eyes, she's dead serious. "Yes mother, I promise". She lets out a sigh and hugs you one last time before letting you leave.

Flashback end

"We're here". You snap out of your daydream and realize the bus is pulling up to your stop. You nod and get up, following Hitoshi out the doors. The bus pulls away and leaves the two of you standing alone on the footpath. "Which way now?", you ask. He points to the right and begins walking.  You catch up to him and walk by his side, looking around at your surroundings with an expression of curiosity.

"And there it is". You look up and see the large gate with the letters U and A displayed on top. Past it, you can see the U.A buildings, the four tall structures all connected by bridges. Just looking at the buildings filled you with excitement, but you didn't show it... your face remained emotionless. Hitoshi stole a glance at you, seeing how your expression hadn't changed at all. "Aren't you excited?", he asks. You give a determined nod. "I am".

The two of you walked through the front gate and joined some of the other people who were already there. Just as you entered you saw a boy almost trip and fall over but was caught by one of the girl's quirk. You found it interesting, zero gravity was truly an amazing quirk. You turned and looked at Hitoshi who was looking around as well. "I wonder what different types of quirks there will be". You say aloud. He nods and gives a small smile. "There will a lot, you seem very interested in quirks". You give a slow nod and look around at the other participants. There was a boy with a birds head, a boy with a tail, a boy that looked like he had grapes for hair, a girl with vines for hair and even a girl who resembled a frog. Everyone here was so different and it gave you a sense of security, perhaps you weren't so different from everyone else after all. In the corner of your eye, you even say a tall boy with six arms. Some of these people were going to be classmates of yours and you were glad. How you would love to make some more friends.

Suddenly the doors at the front opened and everyone began filing in. Hitoshi grabbed your hand and walked through the crowd with you. But suddenly a boy with ash blonde hair bumped into you, making you let go of the violet-haired boy's hand. "Out of my way, Extras!", the boy yells angrily. It truly shocked you seeing someone as aggressive as that. You could see Hitoshi trying to fight through the crowd but he wasn't making it any closer to you. "I'll meet up with you after!", he calls. You give a nod and enter a large room along with everyone else. You took a seat and looked across the room, spotting Hitoshi straight away. He gives a small wave and mouths a quiet good luck which makes your heart pound. You sent him a small smile and turned your attention to a blonde man with a loud voice. You mentally smiled as you looked down at your lap. You were doing it, you were going to become a hero.

Well, you're just about to take the written exam. Goodluck! Anyway, vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD