73. Deal

He remained silent, watching you closely.

"Answer me, you bastard. You have no one except me, admit it. Without me, you're all alone again!" his eyes widened, you being the only one who noticed it. But he pushed his obvious hurt aside and smiled again.

"Very impressive, a move I would only expect from my precious marionette. Alright, I accept your offer." He clicked his fingers once more and had the students released from their confines, some being brave enough to rush over to you. Tokoyami, Kirishima, Sero, Kaminari, Bakugou and Hitoshi rushed towards you. Letting out a whistle, your shadow spirits appeared and stopped them from coming close.

"Bastard let us in!" Bakugou screams, hitting the wall with explosive punches. Even though the wall was made of shadow spirits, it didn't falter.\

You turned back to look at them, Tokoyami staring blankly at you through the fence. You knew that Dark shadow could pass through but what would happen after that, no one knew how to beat the current number one villain. It didn't stop Bakugou though, he kept beating the wall. Hitoshi stared at you with wide, pleading eyes. Looking at them you let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry."

"That's not good enough, let us in, asshole!" You turned away from the group, trying to ignore them as they called out your name. You returned your gaze to your father.

"Now let them out," you demand. He nods and clicks his fingers, having the fence move so that the U.A first years were no longer trapped inside. Bakugou continued to bang at the wall, yelling and swearing at you, but you were able to push all of that aside. All that you needed was for those around you to be safe. You held the sword still, the tip still piercing your chest. You refused to move it until everyone was out except you. You mother knelt by your side, hugging your leg and hiding her face in your gym uniform pants.

"How pathetic, to see the world's beacon of hope cower behind a mere child. And to think people looked up to you for protection, how idiotic they were to see hope in such a coward," he spits in disgust. You glared at him.

"You still haven't upheld your end of the deal, take her out." He nods his head and points to the fence where a small opening appeared.

"Humans can only pass through with the presence of a shadow spirit, feel free to have one take her out," he offers. You nod and whistle, having your shadow spirits appear before you. Connecting your shadow strings to one, you have them pick up your mother as she struggles. Gaining control of another with the same hand, you make them assist in her removal.

"(Y/n), no! He'll kill you, please don't do this!" she begs, tears streaming down her face. Turning your face away, you pull the blade from your chest.

"Even if I die, you'll have Yu and Aizawa. If anything, you'll be free of me and the burden I have on your life." She tried to call out to you but was pulled through the barrier, no longer were you able to hear her begging to be let back in. The shadow spirits then returned to your side, ready to serve you. Your father smiled widely at the sight.

"How precious, my princess and the ten gifts I bestowed upon her at birth. You truly are my weakness, my perfect daughter." He laughed, one of his shadow spirits rushing at you. In an attempt to block its attack, it knocks the sword from your hand and sends it sliding across the floor. You kicked it back, punching another that tried to latch onto your arm. The weapon was important for the fight, you needed it more than anything. Glancing at it in the corner of your eye, you bite your lip in irritation.

"Kuro, you better be here. This is when I need you the most, please don't let me down," you beg. Glaring at the shadow spirits who continued to rush you, threads connected to them leading back to your father. You knew that he was going easy on you, he had way more to offer in a fight than something pathetic like this. One swiped its hand at you making your reflexes kick in. You leapt back, skidding as you tried to stop yourself. More of them kept coming so all you could do was rely on the martial arts you knew, the sword would greatly benefit you but there was no way you could reach it.

The distraction of the blade gave the shadow spirits a chance to grab you. Both your arms and legs were restrained, your body being pulled to the ground. More came over and climbed on top, shrouding you in darkness. It reminded you of the fall and how the darkness nearly completely swallowed you. Glaring at the shadow spirits that covered your face, you used all the strength that you had to stand and push some away. Your wings broke out, shoving those behind you back and away from you but it wasn't enough. With one hand free, you were only barely able to fight back. But the sound of your name being called caught your attention.

Kuro stood on the other side of the confinement, grasping the black-bladed sword in his hands, a determined look on his face.

"Catch!" He threw the sword towards you, the blade pointing the sky. As it descended, you caught it by the handle and sliced at the shadow spirits who clung to you. It was a known fact that the only thing that can kill shadow spirits was light, but that didn't mean they couldn't get injured. The hurt spirits picked up their severed limbs and decapitated heads before disappearing. Whistling, you grabbed your shadow spirit's attention and began controlling them with your shadow threads. You blocked more attacks, using them as a shield while you attacked with your sword. Kuro stood back to back with you, keeping the shadows behind you at bay. You managed to keep up, impressing your father.

"Wow, you're a lot more talented than I could've ever hoped for you to be, amazing," he praises. You look out at your mother, paramedics tending to her wounds.

"Yes, talent that I've inherited from you and mother as well as every second of hard work and effort I put into it. I worked hard so I would be ready to take you on. I will never return to your world, nor will I ever become a villain. Now face me," you demanded, pointing your sword at him. He chuckled as he lent on his cane.

"I suppose but I have to warn you, you're not the only one with talent here." Standing straight, he lifted his cane, unsheathing it to reveal it's true form, a sword much like your own. Its ebony blade shone under the raw light of the sun, this truly was a strong and terrifying weapon.

"If I am to win this then you must come back with me and live the rest of your life as a villain. And if by chance, you are able to defeat me. I promise to leave you and everyone in your life alone, you'll never see me again." You glared at him, gripping the handle of your weapon.

"Do you promise?" He chuckles, nodding his head.

"Of course, I cross my heart." With a sigh, you stepped forward, Kuro grabbing onto your wrist.

"Facing him alone isn't smart, he's a skilled fighter, you'll surely die if you go in like this." With eyes on the ground, you let out a long unimpressed breath.

"You're underestimating me, Kuro. We're both fighting for what means most to us, if I don't do something then how can I ever call myself a hero. If I have to sacrifice myself to live the life I want, I don't want to live at all." He stared at you for a second before smirking.

"Give him everything."

"I wouldn't dream of giving anything less."

Didn't think I would have time to write since I'm checking out a university at the moment, but I do have some free time in the evening so I decided to write. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, the WiFi seems alright so I may be able to get another chapter out relatively soon. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD