54. Mystery object

You were happy to be home, back with your mother and Yu. You wanted to smile but you just couldn't. You sat silently at the kitchen table, your mind filled with thoughts of what was soon to come. You had just over two weeks before your father would return home and see that neither of you were there. Or perhaps he would come sooner, Shigaraki could contact him and tell him where you were. A villain in a hero school.

You mother looks up at you, smiling gently.

"You feeling alright, darling?", she asks softly.

"You're looking a little pale". You didn't even know how to answer, speaking the truth would only worry her and she didn't need that kind of stress. You did just get out of the hospital and she needed some time to settle before she was hit by thoughts like that. Ever since you had told her about Aizawa her smile hadn't left her face, how could you ruin that for her? Memories like those with your father were nightmares and she wasn't ready for more of that. You hated to hide these things from her but what else could you do?

"I'm fine, mother, Recovery girl's healing uses energy so I think it's just that". Her smile didn't falter, you were pleased she had no suspicions.

"If that's the case then I think you should head up to your room and get some rest. You don't have school tomorrow but you will definitely have it the day after". You quickly nodded and stood, taking your plate to the sink. You thanked your mother for the food and placed a kiss on her cheek before heading upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So...?". You turned to look at Kuro who was sitting on your bed.

"So what?", you questioned. He gets up, moving closer to you. You expected him to stop in front of you but he didn't, instead, he moved behind you. You were unsure of what he was doing until you felt his hands holding the hem of your shirt. Before you could react he pulled it up at the back, exposing your bare skin.

"What are you doing?!, You hissed, trying to pull away from him. He remained quiet for a moment before speaking.

"Damn, I didn't expect them to be like that just after using your wings one more time", he muttered quietly, poking at your shoulder blades. But this time it felt different, it was if there wasn't skin there but a pocket. You managed to pull away from Kuro and move to your mirror. You lifted your shirt and turned around, looking at your back in the reflective surface. Your shoulder blades were visible through the skin, being open and ready for your wings use at any time.

Kuro poked them one more time, earning a glare from you.

"Can you please stop that?". He shrugs his shoulders and moves his hands to his jacket pockets.

"Why don't you see if it hurts?". You were unsure about it but it would probably be useful to know. You closed your eyes tightly and focused hard, startling yourself as your wings started to come out painlessly. Before you knew it your wingspan was taking up a majority of the room.

"Did it hurt?", Kuro asks, pulling a loose feather off and inspecting it. You shook your head, staring at yourself blankly int he mirror. It was unbelievable, how could something that hurt so badly suddenly become so easy. Your confused expression was suddenly replaced with one of excitement. Without thinking you ran towards your bedroom window and slid it open, leaping out. The feeling of the cold night air against your skin was refreshing, your smile seemed to grow wider. You spread your wings and were lifted up, higher into the sky. You flew away from your house and instinctively to the forest.

You landed on a high branch, taking a seat and letting your legs hang over the edge. Being out here made you feel amazing. The adrenaline coursed through your veins, the sensation left you with a proud smile. Kuro appeared beside you and pointed to the forest floor before disappearing again. Getting the idea, you jumped from your branch, landing gracefully on the ground.

Kuro emerged from behind a tree and gave his usual mischievous smile. It was odd seeing it again, today had been filled with a lot of different emotions, Kuro being the source of them all.

"So do you have the thing I gave you at the hospital?", he asked. You had completely forgotten about it until just now. You reached into your pocket and pulled out the cylindrical piece of metal, holding it out on the flat surface of your palm.

"What I want you to do is hold it like a banana", Kuro instructed. You raised an eyebrow, confused by the request and genuinely curious.

"How does one hold a banana?", you question. He doesn't answer, instead, he gives an example. He bent over and picked up a stick, closing his fingers around it so the middle was covered and the only visible parts were those that stuck out the top and bottom of his hand. You followed his example and closed your fist around the object, suddenly throwing it when it started to change.

You sweatdropped as you glanced at Kuro who sent you a displeased glare.

"Really...? Now go and get it". You quickly nodded and went after it, staying cautious. You wondered what it was, many unlikely thoughts filling your head. Perhaps it was an alien egg and all it needed was the warmth of your hand to hatch. You shivered at the thought of it, you weren't too fond of the idea of extraterrestrial beings. You had read a lot about them in your father's library, the memories made you shiver in displeasure.

You approached the area where the object would've landed, being as slow and quiet as you could. You poked your head around a tree and saw something laying partially covered in a pile of dead leaves. You went closer and bent down beside it, surprised to see that it was a metal bow. You picked it up, it was light in weight and very beautiful. The arch was covered in amazing designs. You traced one of them with your thumb, it was hard not to admire it.

"So I'm guessing you like it?", Kuro asks, emerging from the shadow of a nearby tree. You nodded your head, not taking your eyes off the bow for a second.

"A support item which was designed and used by the hero, Lady Angel". Your eyes widened as you came to a realization.

"This was my mother's?". Kuro nods and takes a step closer to examine it.

"Yes, I found it under your father's desk while we were hiding and took it, I thought you might like it as a secondary weapon". You ran and hugged him tightly, whispering a quick thank you before letting go.

"There a button at the top that will make it shrink again", he points out. You touch the visible button at the top and it returns to its smaller form. You slip it into your pocket and look to Kuro.

"We should probably get going now, if mother sees that I'm not there she'll get upset". Kuro sends an understanding nod and disappears. You spread out your wings and with one flap you're up in the air, making your way back home.

Sorry for not updating in a while... I've written the ending for this chapter three times and it just wouldn't save. Now it's working, thank god. Anyway, I hope that you enjoyed. I also have another chapter that I wrote, I just gotta finish it and then edit it. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD