16. Results

Life seemed to get better for you. Hitoshi would visit you everyday and you two were closer than ever, your mother and aunt even encouraged your relationship. They said that even though you refused to smile they could tell that you were in a good mood, your voice became softer and you would bite your lip to avoid smiling. Everything was going great... or so you thought.

It had been exactly a week since the two of you had taken the entrance exam and it was the day you were expecting your results. You exited your house to check the mail just as Hitoshi left his. You waved over at him and he waved back. The both of you approached your mailboxes and opened them, pulling out a brown parcel each. Curious as to what's inside, you open it and pull out a black tablet. The image of the hero Almight appears, startling you. You jump slightly but hold the tablet tightly to ensure you don't drop it. 

"Miss Takeyama I am overjoyed to let you know that you have been accepted into U.A high school's hero course. You will placed in class 1-A, we look forward to having you with us". You stare at the screen, your face lighting up. You felt the tension in your cheeks but managed to hold back the smile. Your eyes drifted over to Hitoshi who looked upset, he turned toward his house not saying a word. "Hitoshi", you call. He stops and glances back at you. "What?". His voice was cold, it was different to the way he used to speak to you. "Are you alright? You seem upset, did you not make it in?". He sighs and keeps walking, ignoring you. He enters his house, slamming the door behind him. 

You wondered what was wrong with him, you had hoped he would get into U.A and then the two of you could go to school together. Then you would have a friend to hang out with. You were very worried about him and instead of heading to your house you walked forward, toward his. You knocked on the door and waited until it opened. Mihoko stood before a sad smile on her face. "How may I help you, Takeyama-san?", she asks. "Hitoshi didn't say anything to me this morning, I was wondering if he was ok". She looks down at the ground and sighs. "I'm sorry that he's taking it out on you, he's just a little upset". "What happened? Did he not make it into U.A?". She bites her lips before looking up to meet your gaze. "He did make it, its just that he didn't qualify for the hero course, he was placed in general studies". Your emotionless face turned to a worried one. "Oh, I hope he's alright, I know he really wanted to be a hero". "And how did you do, dear?", she asks. You suddenly felt guilty. "I-I made it into the hero course". You were unsure of why you had stuttered but decided to ignore it. Mihoko placed her hand on your shoulder and gave you a soft smile. "Congratulations, you're welcome to come in and go up to see Hitoshi, I know you two are close and company might be the best thing for him". You nod and enter the house, letting her lead you upstairs. She points to one of the many doors. "That's his room, just knock before you go in". You nod and walk forward, knocking on the door.

You hear a quiet "Come in" and proceed to enter. Once you enter the room you can see him sitting on his bed, his back facing the door. "Hitoshi", you call. He flinches slightly. "What do you want?", he says in a hostile tone. You walk closer and sit by his side, turning your head toward him. He stares straight ahead, refusing to acknowledge you. "I'm sorry", you whisper. He sighs and turns to you, an annoyed look on his face. "What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything, just leave me alone!". It was the first time he had ever yelled at you and to honest, it hurt. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. "How would you even be able help? You can't do anything except get in the way". "But I ju-". Suddenly you felt as though you had no control of your body, it started to move on its own. You stood up and Hitoshi did as well, turning to face you. "I don't need your sympathy or your company, just leave me alone. We're not friends, we aren't anything, don't talk to me just leave me alone". With that your body moved by itself and left the room, not stopping. It took you down the stairs and out the door of the Shinso household before walking to your own. You entered and walked up the stairs and into your room before you regained control. And then something happened that hadn't in years. You turned toward the mirror and saw a person which you didn't recognise. This girl looked exactly like you but something strange was happening, she was crying.

Well shit. Hitoshi.... Breaking my girls heart. Anyway hope you enjoyed, I hope you didn't see that coming. Everything was going fine until then. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD