77. Visitors

You groaned quietly at the feeling of pounding in your head, it was shame you had woken up with a head ache. Opening your eyes, you used the small amount of strength you had to push yourself up and look around. Right now, you lay in a hospital bed. Balloons, gifts and flowers littered the bed side tables, unopened envelopes sitting there also.

Without warning, the door of the room slid open and revealed a dark-haired man in a long coat and suit. He smiled kindly as he met your gaze, closing the door behind him.

"Sorry to intrude but they said you'd be awake, I'd like to speak with you. You can call me Mr. Tsukauchi, I'm a detective working on your case," he explains. Hearing that someone with the police was here made you feel a little uncomfortable.

"Am I going to jail?" you ask. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Of course not, why did you ask? Have you been watching the news lately?" he questions jokingly. Not understanding, you shake your head.

"No, this is the first time I've woken up since I passed out during the sports festival." He gives a nod before grabbing a chair and pulling it closer to your bed to sit. He takes out his phone and begins looking for something within it.

"After what happened during the sports festival you gained a lot of the public's attention. There are protest groups both for against you, some want you to continue your hero studies while others think of you as a villain and want you to be jailed. Even though they have strong arguments, you aren't going to jail. None are valid and are based of personal bias and fear." He pauses and then holds his phone out to you.

"Here, have a look at this." You take the phone and play the video on screen, a male and a female sit behind the desk of a news room and begin speaking.

"After an intense battle between the number one villain, the shadow puppeteer, and his daughter, a student of U.A, there has been a large rise in protests. Civilians are very outspoken about the issue, those both for and against the teen. Those who are against her relate her to her father, saying that because of her quirk she'll eventually become a villain. Whereas, those for her have begun calling her their "Fallen Angel" and believe that like her mother, Lady Angel, she should continue her path as an upcoming hero." The video ends, leaving you smiling.

"Happy with the results?" he asks. You nod.

"Yeah." You remain silent, having something on your mind but feeling too shy to speak to him about it.

"Something you wanna ask?" His voice was kind while he sent you a caring smile.

"Yes um, I was wondering how my mother and father were."

"There's no need to worry, your mother was treated for her back but now everything has healed. And your father was admitted to a hospital where they'll take care of him until they feel he's fit to leave." You feel a rush of excitement.

"Really? So he won't go to jail?" Tsukauchi shakes his head.

"No, since he has such a weak mental state and was manipulated into everything he did, they have made an exception for him. Once he's proven to be better he will be released, he is an intelligent man and I'm sure that he'll do good in the community," he explains. You nod, not being able to hold back your smile.

"Do you think I'd be able to visit him soon?" you ask, hopefully.

"Yeah, sure thing. How does tomorrow sound?" You nod excitedly, making the older male chuckle.

"When I hear all of these people talking about you as if your a monster, I can't help but wonder where they see that. You truly are an angel, you know that?" he laughs. You couldn't help but smile too.